Switzerland Squeekers.......

skandy32

hello... just been trying these squeeker things recently... but i can only get one or maybe 2 scuffs. Is there any simple tips you guys might have?

im using my chocolate foot to scuff with too, is that right? or doesnt it matter?

anyone know of a vid with lots of it all in? that i could watch and learn....

tar

andy (Y)

hello... just been trying these squeeker things recently... but i can only get one or maybe 2 scuffs. Is there any simple tips you guys might have?

im using my chocolate foot to scuff with too, is that right? or doesnt it matter?

anyone know of a vid with lots of it all in? that i could watch and learn....

tar

andy (Y)

Ye, use your fave foot, keep your arms locked straight, as this will help keep it up and keep it straight.

Don't do massive big scuffs either, loads of lttle ones, when you scuff and your foot is half way down your tyre, it takes longer to get your foot back to the top by that time your rear end is getting lower and lower and faster, keep it slow and keep the back end high.

Phil.

I hate squeakers. They just don't work for me (Y)

I am pretty confident that I'm far enough forward (I can do backwards nose rolls fine, so I know where the balance point is), I just always fall off to the side. The most I can do is 4 before falling off. But yeah, if anyone's got some awsome tips, post 'em here.

Small scuffs are the way!

Also learn to do lots of front hops, as this will give you the confidence to lean forward more and will help you not to lean off to the side. I'd say if you cant do 35 - 40 front hops the chances of pulling off a squeeker are slim as with the squeeker you dont get the hop to correct for balance.

Yeh I find it impossible to do with my lead foot, try it with your other foot and you may find it easier. I have the same problem, after a couple of scuffs my back wheel just hits the ground. (Y)

You cant be leaning forward enough then. When you scuff you also need to lean forward quite a lot to get the back wheel up, practicing this will result in going over the bars a lot, but you need to find the balance point so you can try and keep the bike there.

I use my favourite foot to squeak with my other foot vertical. I find myself like, pushing back with my foot, and pushing forwards with the bars like to try and snap the whole thing (Y) hard to explain sorry if thats confusing. But Im struggliing to get past 3 squeaks (Y)

I use my chocolate foot, but I have my cranks horizontal and my bad foot forward. The cranks are held level by the back brake (as I mentioned earlier)

Another helpful hint - after you scuff, you should be heading over the bars whilst learning - you need to 'catch' yourself with the front brake in the same way you do with a g-turn. You shouldn't be aiming to scuff enough to keep the back end up - aim further otherwise the back end will drop.

Imagine learning to manual - you need to go beyond the sweet spot to get to a point where you can feather the brake.

Once you're doing this, you'll find it easier to turn and keep the side-side balance as you'll be much more over the top of the wheel and able to shift your weight around.

Jon

I use my chocolate foot, but I have my cranks horizontal and my bad foot forward. The cranks are held level by the back brake (as I mentioned earlier)

This puts more weight onto the foot on the tyre (because you don't want to stand with your wrong foot forward) more weight means a better, stronger and more confident scuff.

At last i can reply on a trick i'm good at. Everyones saying smaller scuff's but to be honest , I think you gotta concentrate more on balance(What James Majoram said). It took me ages to get squeakers infact i managed to sprain 2 ankles doing it.

The better you get the longer you can make the scuffs last. My tip is fall over the bars loads. Don't jump off , just keep going. The more times you go over the bars the more you realise where your balance point is. I used to set my self targets of 3-4 scuffs then more and so on.

If you really want it you'll get it. Good Luck :lol:

woopsy forgot i posted this topic :P

loadsa response guys!! cheers!! :D

i still cant go past 2 squeeks, but im guessing practise will do do that. to make it harder i just put a disc on the front, which makes "feathering" the front brake a bit harder lol. And im learning on a trials bike with suspension! (so that practise front hops idea is out of the question! he he) :P no doubt it'll all be in the next video if i get it!

cheers again

and crankflips are fasionable!! :lol: