Giro Helmets

Teaming

Hi all

Today I went out and bought myself anew giro Havoc helmet and saw all the hefty price tagsd on the other Giro helmets. What actually makes them superior to all the other helmets? Are they stronger, lighter? Just made me wonder because surely a helmets a helmet? Although they do look pretty doody

Jackery <_< ^_^

They may not take alot to make, your paying for the design, the technology behind the helmet, I use the top of the range zen and I would rather pay more money to get something like this, the others just don't seem as nice, as hot to wear, better straps etc.

errrrrrrrrrrrr

well its like buying a £1k settee and a £4k settee do you think there both as comfortable??????and quality and such forth????

Giro have a bench mark of quality and looks/style. i have ridden Giro helmets for 4 years of the near 5 iv been riding and wouldnt swop to any other helmet, once you have had an E2 or a Xen you will know why the more you spend the better it is kinda thing, like your havoc if you had of spent say £20 more on an Animas you would have had the comfort of the Roc Loc 4 technology and the comfort on those are awesum!!!! you have got the roc loc 2 i think in the havoc which is a slightly harder plastic around the ears and back of your head.

the other factor is the looks. comfort is the key though buddy.

Waynio............................

PS do you think the post above mine ^^^^^ that giro or any other helmet manufacturer would ever make a helmet unsafe???? there is BS which is british standards and ALL products have to be made to this. helmets obviously are a key its just that the impact of a crash is more sustainable is more expensive helmets.so they take more knocks and bumps due to the "in mould technology" cheaper helmets have it BUT not around the back of the head area, but all helmets offer as much protection as possible just the more you pay the more protections and other things you get. a bit like getting air con in your car instead of a sun roof...........its just more up market. or electric windows and mirrors instwead of wind up ones.

Edited by Waynio

errrrrrrrrrrrr

well its like buying a £1k settee and a £4k settee do you think there both as comfortable??????and quality and such forth????

Giro have a bench mark of quality and looks/style. i have ridden Giro helmets for 4 years of the near 5 iv been riding and wouldnt swop to any other helmet, once you have had an E2 or a Xen you will know why the more you spend the better it is kinda thing, like your havoc if you had of spent say £20 more on an Animas you would have had the comfort of the Roc Loc 4 technology and the comfort on those are awesum!!!! you have got the roc loc 2 i think in the havoc which is a slightly harder plastic around the ears and back of your head.

the other factor is the looks. comfort is the key though buddy.

Waynio............................

PS do you think the post above mine ^^^^^ that giro or any other helmet manufacturer would ever make a helmet unsafe???? there is BS which is british standards and ALL products have to be made to this. helmets obviously are a key its just that the impact of a crash is more sustainable is more expensive helmets.so they take more knocks and bumps due to the "in mould technology" cheaper helmets have it BUT not around the back of the head area, but all helmets offer as much protection as possible just the more you pay the more protections and other things you get. a bit like getting air con in your car instead of a sun roof...........its just more up market. or electric windows and mirrors instwead of wind up ones.

I'm not saying that there unsafe! all I was trying to say that a helmet that fits your head better would, in my oppinion be safer then say a cheep-o one

Dave

Don't know why I didn't just say that though

Edited by kick-this

do you know why??????

hahahahaha i do................

also im intrigued about this topic its very well put, and i respect that people and lads in the new members in particular weather there 10 or 30 are getting into wearing helmets!!!!!i totally support people wanting to wear them, the people that dont wear them unfortunatly i have no respect for as they are putting themselves at danger but most of all their friends around them who have to maybe help them t the enarest hospital and such forth when really as part of trials and things to wear, a helmet is more important than your bike nearly!!!!!!in my opinion anyway.id rather see a 6 year old kid running around the garden in a helmet than trying to do wheelies and such forth without a helmet on.............

Waynio..........................

i got my cousin who is only 7 to wear a helmet when he got his 1st bike @ 2 years old!!!!!hes worn one ever since.

do you know why??????

hahahahaha i do................

also im intrigued about this topic its very well put, and i respect that people and lads in the new members in particular weather there 10 or 30 are getting into wearing helmets!!!!!i totally support people wanting to wear them, the people that dont wear them unfortunatly i have no respect for as they are putting themselves at danger but most of all their friends around them who have to maybe help them t the enarest hospital and such forth when really as part of trials and things to wear, a helmet is more important than your bike nearly!!!!!!in my opinion anyway.id rather see a 6 year old kid running around the garden in a helmet than trying to do wheelies and such forth without a helmet on.............

Waynio..........................

i got my cousin who is only 7 to wear a helmet when he got his 1st bike @ 2 years old!!!!!hes worn one ever since.

Yeah everyone!

To see a helmet in bits, or with cracks just make your think... Damn! That could have been my head <_<

Edited by kick-this

i used to ride without a helmet and found out the hard way what it can do to your head if you dont. i ended up in hospital with a spilt open head and a serious concusion!, now i would never go out riding without my helmet and i would rather pay more for a better one knowing that it will keep my head safer.

Hi all

Today I went out and bought myself anew giro Havoc helmet and saw all the hefty price tagsd on the other Giro helmets. What actually makes them superior to all the other helmets? Are they stronger, lighter? Just made me wonder because surely a helmets a helmet? Although they do look pretty doody

Jackery <_< ^_^

Typically:

• Higher quality materials
  • Higher quality finishing
  • Higher quality design
  • Better ventilation
  • Better internal ventilation
  • Better looks
  • More ways to customise fit (e.g. Giro's Roc-Loc system, Specialized "Brain trust" retention system or whatever it's called now)
  • Better replacement warranty, e.g. Giro's crash replacement scheme

I’ve found wearing a helmet gives me a boost of confidence, when I fell off my back of my bike and cracked my helmet I wasn’t very pleased, but I’m glad I was wearing it, id rather my helmet crack rather than my head.

Giro are a top brand for helmets, I’ve had a Giro all my life.

Mat