Zona Zips

Teaming

Hiya

I'm thinking of changing from an echo team short to somethign a bit longer like a zona zip. They look quite nice, but I wasn't sure to how they ride. Could someone who owns one maybe give me an idea to which bike they ride similar to and also could anyone give me the wheelbase of them? They look pretty similar to the python though, so do they ride similarily? Also, anyone heard of them snapping or cracking as yet?

Cheers

Jack

I have ridden a zoo python and a normally ride a t-bird. I find longer mods really nice because you have a lot more control over the bike. But if you manual hop or manual or like to bunnyhop you will find it harder but will get use to it. I think the wheelbase of a zoo python is the same as the zona zip. I haven't heard anything about them cracking easily or snapping.

Joel (Y)

I have ridden a zoo python and a normally ride a t-bird. I find longer mods really nice because you have a lot more control over the bike. But if you manual hop or manual or like to bunnyhop you will find it harder but will get use to it. I think the wheelbase of a zoo python is the same as the zona zip. I haven't heard anything about them cracking easily or snapping.

Joel (Y)

They have only been out for a little while, maybe they won't snap, but you never know.

Onzaboymark and Caleb have Zona Zips, so ask them or wait for there post to come, they look fairly heavy but really nice, it will be Heavier(Sp?) than your Team (Y)

They have only been out for a little while, maybe they won't snap, but you never know.

Onzaboymark and Caleb have Zona Zips, so ask them or wait for there post to come, they look fairly heavy but really nice, it will be Heavier(Sp?) than your Team B)

AND ME :D I didn't realise I was that insignificant (Y)

gallery_6800_896_27896.jpg

Ive now got an Avid 203mm disc on it. Mark quoted it the best when he said "it feels like it wants to go bigger and bigger" and after you get used to it, it does. Yeah I found bunnyhopping was shite but then again I've not been doing that for a while

Its VERY sidehoppable, gappable and spins quite nice too. The stickers and the weight are probably the only downside to it, but the weight isn't exactly 4 kgs. Definitly worth a play on. Bare in mind that long mods aren't for everyone (Y) If you're just going to buy it cos it looks nice and has a good review, don't be glum when you find out you don't like it. Ask someone nicely if you can ride theirs first (Y)

The Zona zip rides pretty nicely, compared to my Yao Zhi Python, its got the same length chainstays (by default), but the Zip has a longer front end which sort of feels slightly nicer for doing surges from when I tried it out.

Now with the Pythons lowered down in price £100, there's really very little in it between the Zip and Python... £230 for the silver Zip.. £280 Python 05 off Selectbikes.. Loads of choice there, I still prefer my Yao Zhi to both the Zip and the CLS, but every rider's individual I guess.

Oww I wish the Python came in dark grey too now (Y)

AND ME :D I didn't realise I was that insignificant (Y)

Ive now got an Avid 203mm disc on it. Mark quoted it the best when he said "it feels like it wants to go bigger and bigger" and after you get used to it, it does. Yeah I found bunnyhopping was shite but then again I've not been doing that for a while

Its VERY sidehoppable, gappable and spins quite nice too. The stickers and the weight are probably the only downside to it, but the weight isn't exactly 4 kgs. Definitly worth a play on. Bare in mind that long mods aren't for everyone (Y) If you're just going to buy it cos it looks nice and has a good review, don't be glum when you find out you don't like it. Ask someone nicely if you can ride theirs first (Y)

Lol :P , sorry, i thought i saw a blue Zip, yours is the nicest yet, as i am gettin' blue aswell :P

I thought it would be quite bad as a street frame? because i thought Zoo!'s were more of a natty' frame B)

Personal Preference(Sp?)

Mat

Joel (Y)

Strangely, I found my Zip better to do bunnyhops and manuals on than my T-Pro, and even (in some cases) my BMX... The high BB sorta cancels out the long wheelbase almost, so it feels "normal", as opposed to super long.

The CLS Python has 10mm longer stays, don't forget, so it will feel harder to lift the front wheel.

Anyhoo, I really love the Zip I got. It's improved my riding in every way since I got it, so I can't really say much more than that (Y)

I'd say go for it (Y)

Here's mine:

http://img52.imageshack.us/my.php?image=img13437rs.jpg

Looks a lot nicer in real like than in the pic though, and rides even better than that!

I actually found it easier to bunnyhop than any mod I have been on, purely because of the confidence it inspires. Its great for sidehops, gaps, backwheel control, great for gapping to frontwheel, even fairly good for nosehopping, with my current setup (low bars, tilted back).!