Chain Stays

c.kezer

Poor mans lizzardskins...

Cut up a old innertube,Slime liner or Cloth and tape it on using eletrical tape.

Just use lots of tape.

Or use lots of shoe laces.

Or if you want neoprene you can dig out one of them old pencil cases made out of the stuff and chop it up.

Holy shit. That's probably the worst attempt at English I've ever seen.

LMFAO

Are you sure you mean chain stay protectors?

You cant realy dent the chain-stays and a chain stay protector is not going to solve that because it is just a piece of material with a bit of rubber on the other side. They are ment to stop the chain rubbing or hitting the chain stays if you were to hit your chain stay while you have a chain stay protector on it would just rip thorugh it (Y)

But if you mean the down tube like when you go to back wheel an object then slip and hit the bottom of your frame then it dents that calls for an armodillo. (Y)

hope this helps mate :D

rickyb

LMFAO

Are you sure you mean chain stay protectors?

You cant realy dent the chain-stays and a chain stay protector is not going to solve that because it is just a piece of material with a bit of rubber on the other side. They are ment to stop the chain rubbing or hitting the chain stays if you were to hit your chain stay while you have a chain stay protector on it would just rip thorugh it (Y)

But if you mean the down tube like when you go to back wheel an object then slip and hit the bottom of your frame then it dents that calls for an armodillo. :D

hope this helps mate :P

rickyb

Nope

He means a chain stay protector, or something with a bit of metal on the bottom of it to stop the chain stay denting, because he is going bigger with side hops, he keeps missing and has only just got his new frame back, its already got a few dents in the CS, and doesn't want any more (or cracks) (Y)

Mat

How does the armordildo (Y) stop your frame from denting? isnt it just a lizzard skin in a different place?

No. It's got six thick plastic rods that run lengthways down the tube, when you hit it on stuff the shock is transfered along the length of the rods spreading the load. I have one and have used it too, definately does the job (Y)

Whilst on this topic i have been searching for a blue koxx chainstay protector at the moment i have an orange one and thats all i can find, i would most apreciate if you could kindly direct me to the site or somebody who may sell these.

Thanks in advance

Jeza

Whilst on this topic i have been searching for a blue koxx chainstay protector at the moment i have an orange one and thats all i can find, i would most apreciate if you could kindly direct me to the site or somebody who may sell these.

Thanks in advance

Jeza

Does it have to be a Koxx one? becuase tartybikes sell dmr ones in blue. Halfords sell blue lizzard skins.

I like the sound of the armordildo i might buy one are they heavy?

I like the sound of the armordildo i might buy one are they heavy?

just weighed mine, only 177g. Like i said to someone else there's two on ebay atm way cheaper than in the shops, I got mine from there and only paid £12.50. Has saved my frame once already. Here's the link

http://search.ebay.co.uk//search/search.dl...tle=armourdillo

Edited by djb