I've Made A Video...

Stephen Morris

Right I've just finished editing a trials video in Adobe Premier 6.5. I've exported the movie as a .wav file and there it sits on my desktop, all 718mb of it.

What is the best way to compress it and what file type is preferable nowadays?

For the record I did put it into Windows Movie Maker and save it as a 40mb file, but the video had a irritating flickering at the top of the screen, a flickering that doesn't appear on the camera or in Adobe so I'm guessing that's a compression problem?

Any help would speed up your viewing of the best trials video ever made... anyway I look forward to your help!

Thanks a lot,

Stephen.

A .wav file?!

Thats a windows audio file!

You really want to try and export it as uncompressed AVI. See if you can do that 1st!

Then, head on over to www.tmpgenc.net, and get the latest version, when the wizard comes up, find the video. Then select PAL VCD, then just follow it through.

That'll compress it to a decent quality, at around 10mb a minute. :D

Can't wait.

Mike.

The Adobe Media Encoder isn't very good though. Or maybe I just used the wrong settings, but it came out pretty poor quality/file size for me. Although probably better than WMM. TmpegEnc is awsome and it's not exactly hard to do.

The Adobe Media Encoder isn't very good though. Or maybe I just used the wrong settings, but it came out pretty poor quality/file size for me. Although probably better than WMM. TmpegEnc is awsome and it's not exactly hard to do.

i dunno my last few vids have all been done with the adobe mpeg encoder and have been fine. i used to use tmpeg, but once i started using premiere 6.5 (instead of 6.5) tmpeg wouldn't accept the umcompressed avi, very odd.

i wanna start using it again though, gonna try again for the new video.

mike

That happened to me too. Fat Mike linked me up with TmPeg but it wouldn't accept the uncompressed .avi straight out of Premier, but then when I followed the instructions here it worked like a dream, so I'm guessing that the settings you tweak slightly alter what files it will accept.

Yeah, don't use Windows Media Player, it's crap. If you've managed to piece it together using Premiere then the least you can do is compress it nicely. There's a great guide HERE, which is basically just what FatMike said, but step-by-step.

but the video templates that he tells you to download don't work anymore so the settings can't be used, i get annoying white lines following anymovementwhen i do everything else but use these templates.