Onza Zoot

Joel

It has been possible for a little while now. The main sticking point was that the blue forks hadn't arrived. We did a disk front brake version for a bit more using the black Smart Guys, but this was the first occasion I had to take a proper photo - I've been busy, what can I say?

It has been possible for a little while now. The main sticking point was that the blue forks hadn't arrived. We did a disk front brake version for a bit more using the black Smart Guys, but this was the first occasion I had to take a proper photo - I've been busy, what can I say?

You can tell us the price :rolleyes:

Edit - £539 , found it:)

Edited by JoeMaher

i dont know why but im quite temted to just buy a full build.

f**k knows what id do with it :huh::lol:

Erm... ...ride it? :P

I dunno, sounds like it'd be fun to ride. Remember that just going from a wheelbase isn't a great idea. Any chance of measuring from the centre of the BB to the centre of the top of the headtube, Mr. Bike.Stuff? If someone with a 24"er could do that too, that'd be good ;)

No. Now. :P

Nah, Monday'll be fine :) Thanks!

EDIT: Just thought as well... How do we know that the Leesons 'n' similar out now are actually "Right" in terms of geometry? By that I mean that back in the day, 26Mhz's felt like "the" geometry to have, then Koxx Levelboss 1065's felt sorta right, but a bit long, but now we've got Vincos and stuff like that? Just 'cos it's the standard now doesn't mean it's the definite, ideal geometry or whatever. For example, visually BMX frames haven't changed a huuuuuuuge deal in recent times, but the geometry has greatly. BMX's have a big ol' headstart on us in terms of dialling their[i/] geometry, and they still haven't done it yet, so until the Zoot's been ridden more I don't really see that people can say that it's 'wrong', seeing as it's a fairly new concept still.

One + point that makes it more pure trials is simply the stand-over. The change from a T-Pro (fairly low) to a Zip (super low standover) was pretty damn big, so going from a full front/rear triangle setup with a seat to a really low setup will make a pretty big difference on it's own?

EDIT: Just thought as well... How do we know that the Leesons 'n' similar out now are actually "Right" in terms of geometry?

This was exactly the point I was trying to make. Onza guy said you can't make a bike that pleases everyone, but when it comes to 24" trials bikes most people have no idea what they are like. The current trend of 24" street trials bikes are over rated in my opinion. I tried to have mine a bit longer to make it good to mix up riding and have fun on. If I was having a 24" just for trials though I would make it much longer to compensate for some of the disadvantages small wheels have. I would love to try something around 1080+ with a decent BB rise and I'm sure others would when they realised how sweet it would ride :)