Knurling

tom tom

It wasnt ground by anything, it was CNC Machined, a process which has nothing to do with grinding....

do i have to show you the definition of grinding?

im not going to.

and i did not spell anything incorrectly in any of my posts. but i do truly apologize for not putting the apostrophe in "you're."

this is by far the worst online forum i have ever seen. even pinkbike was better...

:P-->

QUOTE(the big B @ Nov 24 2005, 09:23 PM)

this is by far the worst online forum i have ever seen. even pinkbike was better...

It's only bad becuase we get twats like you that come on and start and continue arguements!

I'm in a bitchy mood tonight.

This is all i'm saying.

On topic: I think it's a good idea. Koxx browns are hard wearing.. :P

we didn't need that last statement it may be your opinion but it does not help any one in any way so i don't understand the point in saying it, especially in a thread about types of grinding, if you think another forum is better go to that but we do not need people like you stirring crap in this forum thanks.

tom tom

apologies : sorry for this off topic statement i have had my mood now lets continue with our conversation. :P :P

EDIT - ahh you beat me too it, and sorry for not quoting the final statement from 'the big B' but when doing a quick edit it seemed to effectively 'screwed up' :P

Edited by tom tom

http://www.mme.tcd.ie/~jbadger/grindingpage.html

Facts about Grinding: Grinding is a process of material removal in which a wheel composed of many hard abrasive grits wears away a softer material.

Where is the wheel when using a CNC Mill?

The guy on OTN clearly stated that he used a custom tool he made himself, which was not a wheel.......

If im wrong, then id appreciate the inside knowledge you have on mechanical processes.

He used a single point tool in a boring head aka a flycutter. In no way on god's green earth does that resemble a grinding process. If you knew anything at all about knurling you would also know it doesnt remove material either.