Winter Tyres

guineasmithpig

i'm pretty set on gettin a super tacky 2.5 minion for the rear, but just wanted to know peeps opinions on front tyres.

whats a good un for wet street surfaces? had my eye on maxxis bling bling or high roller, but am open to suggestions, preferably sub £25 and sub 900g marks.

and experiences please! not ' that looks nice' or 'my mates 2nd cousin twice removed might have one but i'm not sure'. keep it real guys

not used anythin other than my octopus for a couple o years, but can't afford £37 for a front tyre!

smithy

smithy...

my opinion on tyres...

i find that high rollors are grippier than minions, on the rear...this is what i have found before some jock calls me a ginger dick sucking black beauty.

and a continental explorer i think it is a run on the front seems grippy enough, maybe not on slippy slanted rocks or greasy walls, but for rails...wet walls...etc it seems acecore.

my 50cent

OH ASS... super tacky for the maxxis tyres, i found no difference between it and the soft compound one but wear rate.

Edited by James_Porter

best i have to say would be a "Nokian Freddies Revenz" try a google search on one of them fella's!!!! haha

for the weather we have got up here thats what will be on the back of my bike for a trip up addingham on wednesday and maybe some snow chains too!!!!!!

i find that high rollors are grippier than minions, on the rear...this is what i have found before some jock calls me a ginger dick sucking black beauty.

and a continental explorer i think it is a run on the front seems grippy enough, maybe not on slippy slanted rocks or greasy walls, but for rails...wet walls...etc it seems acecore.

i would have to deffinatly agree on the high roller on the rear, so again if someone wishes to disagree they must call me sumot too. there far grippier as the knobs are more felxible and grip so much more, theres more movement available as its not as blcoky the tread.

altho i would say my try-all tyres grip in any weather, rain shine snow sleet, but id probably not use maxxis again for as long as the try-all tyres are available they just seem to stick to everything, i was riding piss wrapped rails riding along them and starting point was slippy as shitty but the tyres were gripping.

again with the front tyr i would say a try-all tyre, super light but the grip is excellent, the tyre will roll or fold before you can actually make it loose grip!!!! there like Toyo tyres but of a cycling nature instead of car :lol: haha.

Waynio.................................

PS though porters conti seemed a tad grippy down port cawl! was wikid

deffinately a 2.5 st high roller on the rear

personally i think the high roller is far better than the minion, i've been out riding recently at a spot that has alot of slate which is wet at the moment and the tyre grips alot on it, in the dry its pretty amazing too, also if you look at the shape of the tread on the high roller it looks a lot squarer and like it will grip on the edge of things more than the minion would

as for the front tyre i'm not too sure, i run a panaracer fire xc pro 2.1 because its cheap, light and a good width, although in the wet its slippier than a slippy thing