Czar Ivan Or 06 Pitbull?

Luke Drewery

yes but can you guess which one of those isn't used an deliberately offesnsive term to describe someone of a particular race, irrespective of which country they come from.

You seriously think people don't use Brit as a derrogatory term? I think you need to go spend a few weeks in Lewisham, you'll have a different opinion by the end of it...

And would you be offended if someone thought you were Welsh when you were English?

And because I personally am Welsh, do I rise up in arms citing racial hatred every time someone makes the timeless joke about sheep bumming?

No.

EDIT: I like the Czar :)

Edited by andyroo

You seriously think people don't use Brit as a derrogatory term? I think you need to go spend a few weeks in Lewisham, you'll have a different opinion by the end of it...

And would you be offended if someone thought you were Welsh when you were English?

And because I personally am Welsh, do I rise up in arms citing racial hatred every time someone makes the timeless joke about sheep bumming?

No.

EDIT: I like the Czar :)

nope i have never heard of Brit being used as a derrogatory term, ever.

I wouldn't find being called welsh offensive, but if 'welsh' was used an offensive term to describe all white people in the world, then i probably would! The words 'nigger' and 'paki' are racist or offensive, they are just words but its how they are used!

mike

nope i have never heard of Brit being used as a derrogatory term, ever.

I wouldn't find being called welsh offensive, but if 'welsh' was used an offensive term to describe all white people in the world, then i probably would! The words 'nigger' and 'paki' are racist or offensive, they are just words but its how they are used!

mike

I can understand if you said, "You are an idiot because you are a nigger/brit/welsh/whatver," because that combines the name with a negative opinion, but just the word on its own is nothing to take offense over. Black people call each other nigger so it can't be that bad a word.

And the reason Indians don't like being called Paki is most hypocritical. They don't like it because they have a lot of racial hatred for their Pakistani neighbours, and want nothing to do with them. And again, if someone called you Welsh, you wouldnt be offended because you hate the Welsh, because that would be rascist.

People get offended over words that they dont even know the meaning of, or find something rascist that they dont even understand. Its a blackmail, power issue with the majority of cases, with the minority being very obvious racsism.

When a black person calls me honky, I dont have a clue what I means, I know its a term used by black people for white people, but I dont know its exact definition... so I dont get offended. In fact I think it sounds quite funny. So why are some people so sensitive and jumpy about everything and turn into into rascism?

And lastly... since when has black been a race??? British, American African, these are races... there is no such as Blackland so critisism towards skin colour is not a rascism. Its wrong, but not rascism. A black British person calling a white british person racist doesnt work... same race right?

I can understand if you said, "You are an idiot because you are a nigger/brit/welsh/whatver," because that combines the name with a negative opinion, but just the word on its own is nothing to take offense over. Black people call each other nigger so it can't be that bad a word.

the word nigger is used an offensive term toward black/dark skinned people, because of the meaning associated with it! to do with the slave trade and shizzle.

the only time i have ever heard a black person call another nigger is in gangsta shit and wannabe gangsta (and early hiphop groups only used it to cause shock and outrage) Black guys don't go around clling each othere nigger all the time. And the whole 'the black person can only call another black person nigga' could to do with because both are black so it doesn't bring race into it, i dunno i have have asked why? most yound people probably just use it because its cool as snoop dogg and peeps use it.

And the reason Indians don't like being called Paki is most hypocritical. They don't like it because they have a lot of racial hatred for their Pakistani neighbours, and want nothing to do with them. And again, if someone called you Welsh, you wouldnt be offended because you hate the Welsh, because that would be rascist.

didn't know the indian hated pakistan...

People get offended over words that they dont even know the meaning of, or find something rascist that they dont even understand. Its a blackmail, power issue with the majority of cases, with the minority being very obvious racsism.

yes i agree alot people a lot of people are shit, power hungry, money grabbing peices of shit!

And lastly... since when has black been a race??? British, American African, these are races... there is no such as Blackland so critisism towards skin colour is not a rascism. Its wrong, but not rascism. A black British person calling a white british person racist doesnt work... same race right?

asian, black, caucasian, english, french...hell even being cumbrian is techinically a race.

P.S sorry for spoiling you thread, but this discussion is interesting

Edited by leedstrials

leedstrials,

Sometimes when a word is used in a derogatory manner it can turn into a colloquialism. Blacks use the word nigga as an insult or a term of endearment. However, this is not exclusive black people. Southern whites here in the U.S. often call each other hillbilly or redneck. Both of these are offensive terms but among each other they can mean different things. I'll give an example, I have two friends, both are Italian. They use the words guido and wop more than their last names. To them it can be both a term of endearment or an insult. There have been times when I had to tell them stop. They would even use the words wop and guido in their parents restaurant when we were younger. If someone else were to call them that it would mostly likely be in a derogatory manner and they would definitely get upset and start a fight at the drop of a hat. Then again, they get into fights if someone looks at them the wrong way.

P.S. I apologize for stealing this thread.

Ride on,

Deadly venom

When I lived in Lewisham, where the majority of the community is black, they called each other like there was no tomorrow.. they even called me nigger! I said it once, in the same light hearted friendly manner to my friend who called me it and he got really cross with me... wierd, no?

And the moral of the story is: People will do anything for attention/money and nobody knows who they are anymore.

Solution: Bleach everyone's skin so noone can complain anymore...