Acs Freewheels Any Good ?

oli007

Hi there, i have nearly finished building my edd tounge bike up and i am using a dmr rear wheel with a screw on freewhub. I have read mixed reviews elsewhere on the internet and the two that stood out above the rest were the acs claws and the new white industries one which i cannot afford anyway so i have ordered the acs claws. I would like your views from you fellow trials riders who use them or have used them in the past. Thanks alot. OLIVER

Hi there, i have nearly finished building my edd tounge bike up and i am using a dmr rear wheel with a screw on freewhub. I have read mixed reviews elsewhere on the internet and the two that stood out above the rest were the acs claws and the new white industries one which i cannot afford anyway so i have ordered the acs claws. I would like your views from you fellow trials riders who use them or have used them in the past. Thanks alot. OLIVER

the acs are ok and it will last you for quite a while,you can get white industries eno's for 45 quid on webcyclery.com(look on single speed stuff)................steve

Thanks alot for your views people, i just recieved my acs this morning, took it apart in the vice when the bottom dropped out and hundreds of the "£$%^& bearings flew everywhere. Just ordered myself another. Wont make the same mistake twice.

The reason we locktite them is to stop the lockring comming undone, which is what you open to get inside it.

However, the reason it does come undone is beause it's on the front. If it's on the back there should be no reason why you should have to locktite it.

There's only two freewheels worth buying at the mo. The eno, and the ACS.

There are two types of eno's there's the trials one (18t) which is about £85 (Cheaper i supose if you buy from the USA, but i don't know how that all works) and there's the 16t version which has the same amount of matchpoints as the ACS, but is a much more better quality, and much stronger.

I'd just go for the ASC. Only £12 posted (see tartybikes).

:P

Thanks alot for your views people, i just recieved my acs this morning, took it apart in the vice when the bottom dropped out and hundreds of the "£$%^& bearings flew everywhere. Just ordered myself another. Wont make the same mistake twice.

I can't you hadden't noticed alrealy there's NO need to open / locktite your freewheel if it's going on the back.

Just put it on and go!

just curious... why did you take it apart in the first place?

just curious... why did you take it apart in the first place?

Probably sooo many people told him to locktite it he took the lockring off to do it, and thought i wonder what would happen if i pull the shell off.

Been there done that.

Probably sooo many people told him to locktite it he took the lockring off to do it, and thought i wonder what would happen if i pull the shell off.

Been there done that.

lmao, thats why my freewheel has like 5 bearings on one side and is full on the other lol.

But is hasnt fooked up for like 8 months, so im not complaining lol

Yep your right the reason i took it apart was because of info i had found on the internet about people saying strip them when you first get one, regrease it, then loctite it back up because some people reckon they are poorly put together in the first place! oh well live and learn i guess.

personally i dont like the acs claws 1 bit, for the first mounth i had my bike i went through 4 acs claws. and i got my dad to lock tie them all and center punch them, with in a couple of days the all broke :angry: but i got them free from the place i got my bike from any way. got an eno freewheel now and its so much nice to ride the 72 engagment points feel so smooth and sound really really nice. for the long run i would really recomend getting a eno as they last so much longer and there so much nice, but if you dont mind spending about £15-20 every few mounths they get the acs claws.

hope i helped

daniel