Funky Shops In Reading!

Rob Thomson

Well me and the missus are down in Reading for the Holidays...I'm over from Abu Dhabi, she's down from newcastle so neither of us really know where's where!

We wanna find some funky shops that'll sell some funky stuff...Particularly some cool clothing...alternative stuff...y'know...

Also,if you know of any good piercing studios/places that sell a wide range of piercing bars/rings/jewellery etc etc so something can be bought...

There are a few good shops. There is a vintage clothing shop (called Rock Around) that just sells a load of imported t-shirts in cool colours with funky motifs, it's in Queen's Walk. Reading is quite an 'alternative' town, you shouldn't have too much of a hard time finding that kinda stuff. There is a woman on the high street that has a little cart selling a lot of alternative jewellery. Saying that, I haven't been to Reading since summer. What else erm...

A shop called Hard Edge sells skate clothing, aswell as smarter street fashion brands.

Harris Arcade is the alternative centre of Reading's shopping, it's pretty near the station I seem to remember.

There is also a shop that sells weed down 'Smelly Alley' - yes, that is it's name. Also down Smelly Alley, ShakeAway sells the best milkshakes ever in loads of flavours.

And then there is the Oracle, which is huge shopping centre right in the town centre.

Reading is pretty good for shopping, best outside of London in this direction. If you are feeling posh take her to Windsor for a day trip, about £5 on the train (change at Slough). There's nothing in the way of alternative shops, but it's a pretty nice place. Or Oxford is also good, bit bigger and is also posh.

There is also a shop that sells weed down 'Smelly Alley' - yes, that is it's name.

Does it actually sell proper weed? Many of them 'headshops' tend to just sell legal highs, mixtures of shite which tend to induce nothing more than a headache.......

Having said that, if it really does sell proper weed, then its something special.

There is a shit load of weed going around in north wales, specifically bangor, etc. and I mean a shit load. north wales is probobly the epicentre for cannabis supply and production in the UK and we are not talking dirty brown soapbar here....

Does it actually sell proper weed? Many of them 'headshops' tend to just sell legal highs, mixtures of shite which tend to induce nothing more than a headache.......

Having said that, if it really does sell proper weed, then its something special.

There is a shit load of weed going around in north wales, specifically bangor, etc. and I mean a shit load. north wales is probobly the epicentre for cannabis supply and production in the UK and we are not talking dirty brown soapbar here....

Rhyl has the biggest amount of commercial busts in the whole of the uk, more than likely run by alot of smackheads. alot of import hashish goes through north wales aswell :)

theres a pretty much constant supply around here

Edited by pinky@shitbmx

Rhyl has the biggest amount of commercial busts in the whole of the uk, more than likely run by alot of smackheads. alot of import hashish goes through north wales aswell :)

theres a pretty much constant supply around here

They are certainley not smackheads by any stretch of the imagination.

The guy who is leading most of it is a local business man from rhyl, he was on bbc2 a while ago talking about his work. They dont supply anyone for means other than medical. A great deal of MS sufferers find it helps them relax and stops spasms.

One of the growers in Rhyl who got busted was ex-military, like a commando or something.

Hmm, im seriously considering getting a boat over to north wales and checking out the little scene that's going on. Seems to be a good collection of trials riders, and pot heads!