King Problems

Hobnobs

Hmm, slightly annoyed about this.

I thought i would have a go at cleaning my king, and during trying to undo the pinch bolt, the tincy wincy hexagon turned into a slightly bigger circle.

So basically im screwed and dont know how to get it undone, never mind done up afterwards.

Anyone got any ideas on how to get it undone, im considering the old super glue trick, but i think it might be too tight for that.

Also, ill obviously need a new bolt afterwards, where can i get one?

Edited by Hobnobs

Bromely bike shop have all king stuff, I think thats what its called.

You can try and wedge a screwdriver in there if you have one small enough. If not then get the drill out and be very careful. In the past I have shoved the drill into a rounded head and instead of it drilling it, it actually unscrewed the bolt for me.

I hope your joking, £15 for the smallest bolt (and possibly the weakest) and a crappy peice of metal.

Yeah, its in the most impossible place. At least i can still ride it for now, just got to hope it doesnt start skipping.

Edited by Hobnobs

I hope your joking, £15 for the smallest bolt (and possibly the weakest) and a crappy peice of metal.

Yeah, its in the most impossible place. At least i can still ride it for now, just got to hope it doesnt start skipping.

thats for the whole coller, which you will need.

you have to drill the head off the bolt and then saw along the length of the bolt through the collor. how i did it anyways.

Righto, well im going to buy a bolt from eddy potter, and its gluing at the moment. If that doesnt work ill try a few other methods. Failing that ill see if i can get my dad to drill it out at work, which will work but might take a while. :(

Yeah ill keep trying this stuff, thought i had it with a 2.5mm allen key but just as i swear it was about to move, it just slipped aroooound. I even tried cutting a new hex shape with a knife :unsure:

Bolt was as tight as i could get it with the tiny ass alan key i had, as it wouldnt stay still. Suprisingly tight actually.

Edited by Hobnobs

Yeah, spent a whole day trying to find one in the first place heh. Its just i tend to be a bit ham fisted :rolleyes:

I think its cos it was pretty dirty and the key doesnt tend to go in all the way.

have you cleaned it out to see if it can go in any further

Edited by Matt_Tupman