Maggy Green Frogs

lankyri

ok ive finally seen a pair of green frogs in bike dock and i know there are plenty of decent wet/dry grind/smooth pads

but has anyone actually used these pads and if so is it worth getting these pads than payin like 20 quick for plaz or koxx pads

btw i wiould be using these for the front on a grind

and no one reply saying get these pads i want a review on these please

cheers rick

I just wacked out the old maggie book you get with the HS33 and it says "race oriented brake pad for hard anoized (black) and ceramic coated rims". My guess is they are worse then koolstops since the pamflet also says under the kool stop pad "race oriented brake pad for polished rim surfaces. Excellent for trials!". They should be ok with a harsh grind or some tar though, Probly be ok for the front (Y) .

When i got my 2nd hand maguras from ebay they were so dirty i thought they were the black pads, it turns out after about 3 weeks when i washed the bike they were the green frogs i had no idea at all so they cant be that much better, this was on my xc commute bike mind.

Hi mate,

If i was you i would take a visit to tarty bikes and take a look at the plazmatic crm's or if you are not sure:

e-mail them telling them what rim you are running and wether you are running a ground rim or a smooth rim and if its a fairly harsh grind or not a very rough grind and they should recomend some pads for you.

Dan !

ive got heatsink blues dude i dont need them i just want a review on the green frogs

cheers for advice though lol

Just do your self a favour and get heatsink blue pads (Y):- There amazing pads.

Hes already got them.

Ricky ive given a sort of reveiw but i dont think its worth it. i would sell you my green frogs but ive only got one i lost the other if you want it email me yeah.

Plaz on the front with a grind? :ermm:

Yeah good idea.

That will be a beasty brake, very very noisy though and will be just an on off brake.

Get some koxx browns on the go, will last ages and your brake will actually be able to modulate your brake

cheers guys for advice and that no i dont want f**kin plaz pads on front on a new grind lol ive got a black pad somewhere so i could run that with wayneone's frog with some tar and i rarely use my front brake only if im ridin along i use it

i dont do none of this front wheel crap unless its tapping or wheelswaps even then i wouldnt need the front brake i keep it street with big gaps and ups :D none of this gap to front wheel, just kick lil bit harder and land on rear :closedeyes:

had a disk bout 3 to 4 months ago didnt like it that was a hope may go for a avid bb7 next when i get back from canada :)

cheers for advice guys keep it up

cheers guys for advice and that no i dont want f**kin plaz pads on front on a new grind lol ive got a black pad somewhere so i could run that with wayneone's frog with some tar and i rarely use my front brake only if im ridin along i use it

i dont do none of this front wheel crap unless its tapping or wheelswaps even then i wouldnt need the front brake i keep it street with big gaps and ups :D none of this gap to front wheel, just kick lil bit harder and land on rear :closedeyes:

had a disk bout 3 to 4 months ago didnt like it that was a hope may go for a avid bb7 next when i get back from canada :)

cheers for advice guys keep it up

now that was a bit silly to say that wasnt it rick.