Will This Pin Spanner Tool Work With...

Will Arnold

i cant see you really getting enough power behind that to undo, or safely tighten up a lockring. A few hits with a small headed screwdriver and a hammer are enough to loosen it off, then just use the screwdriver to turn it.

Its maybe worth a try but maybe not worth buying considering usual household tools would work just as well....

stuart

the lockring is on really tight.

i have used a screwdriver and hammer method and it merely mashes up the holes.

its a 4 day old ENO freewheel and i dont want to force it open with the screwdriver method.

i have used a similar device to the one i linked to^^^^ in halfords. but we dont sell them :(

ergh, anyone used one? or has a link to the correct one, if that one up there isnt right?

ta

The lockrings are made out of potentially the weakest material known to man, and as such they scuff up super easily. You really do just need to give it more beans with the hammer and screwdriver. Just really push the nose of the screwdriver into the hole with one hand, and just twat it with a hammer with the other. It's pretty much the only way. Think about it - if the hammer isn't putting enough force in, how is a bent U-shaped bit of spindly-ass metal going to do it better? :P

Anyways, good call with the Eno, and good call with stripping her down and taking out the greasey stuffs. Just use the hammer Will, it's fine :)

The lockrings are made out of potentially the weakest material known to man, and as such they scuff up super easily. You really do just need to give it more beans with the hammer and screwdriver. Just really push the nose of the screwdriver into the hole with one hand, and just twat it with a hammer with the other. It's pretty much the only way. Think about it - if the hammer isn't putting enough force in, how is a bent U-shaped bit of spindly-ass metal going to do it better? :P

Anyways, good call with the Eno, and good call with stripping her down and taking out the greasey stuffs. Just use the hammer Will, it's fine :)

well, i tightened it up with the propper tool(in halfords) and i cant get it off with a hammer and scewdriver :-

hmmmm

maybe i will try the hammer thing again tonight, but if it fecks the lckring will you buy me another please mark ? :-:P:P

Mark's right - just belt it with a hammer . I was a bit nervous of mine (cos they're made of paper) but since the only tools I have are a masonary nail and a hammer I thought sod it and went ahead anyway.

Why is it so tight anyway ? its not like they need to be ..

ooh -mark - what will you buy me if i lick your nuts?

i could do with a new BB ...

Edited by poopipe

Mark's right - just belt it with a hammer . I was a bit nervous of mine (cos they're made of paper) but since the only tools I have are a masonary nail and a hammer I thought sod it and went ahead anyway.

Why is it so tight anyway ? its not like they need to be ..

ooh -mark - what will you buy me if i lick your nuts?

i could do with a new BB ...

The offer is only redeemable for new Eno lockrings. Sorry.