Curtis T26 Elite

mehukatti

Is the lighter "Elite" version of Curtis T26 strong enough for mid level street trials? I know they recommended it only for competition use, but it is still steel and a bit heavier than XTP. So atleast it shouldn't be any weaker than XTP and probably much more dent resistable? How durable is the T26 regarded in ie. UK? I would probably be the first T26 rider in Finland, if I will buy it..

blimey 4lb 4oz is very light for a steel frame.

the curtis frames are really nice, if you want more details on them pm boon (matt berridge) on here or send them an email. ive always wanted a curtis but too expensive for me. very well made bikes and stand up to a good beating, good old british steel cant go wrong, and if worst comes to worst can be rewelded easily

definitely worth a purchase, handmade frames, loads of options to suit your size and riding style, so looking at it this way you wont buy an off the shelf model, it will be your personal bike

Is the lighter "Elite" version of Curtis T26 strong enough for mid level street trials? I know they recommended it only for competition use, but it is still steel and a bit heavier than XTP. So atleast it shouldn't be any weaker than XTP and probably much more dent resistable? How durable is the T26 regarded in ie. UK? I would probably be the first T26 rider in Finland, if I will buy it..

Its a nice looking bike. I used to have the T1 Comp.

Most Curtis frames use T45 tubing which in my opion is great for strength and durabilty , but the tubeset feels very lifeless. Its hard to explain but i always felt my Curtis held me back alot. Get a Leeson reynolds tubing has a much nicer ride feel.

depends how you ride.

a steel frame will be stronger;

but if you ride it like a sack of bricks you should probably go for the 5<lb mark.

yet if your a feathery street rider with light gaps, tight taps and treat it well, then the comp will do you nicely for a good few years

only thing i dont like about the curtis is the price, hence why i baught a leeson.

but its your choice mate

may of been green though :P its now black with a grind plate on it :)

nice ride when set up for street :P very flickable and solid feel to it i find, you can hit it off pretty much ANYTHING and it wont dent :D (or atleast mine aint yet, and its had some very hard landings on to downtube while rail gapping out of my limits :lol: )

Edited by street trials rider

• 2 weeks later...

how quickly does curtis reply to e-mails these days? I guess I could also call them but my finnish accent is terrible ;)

usually takes about a week to get a reply...

if you've got any direct questions about the frame then fire them my way cos I know most of what Gary will tell you anyway

my_name_is_boon@yahoo.co.uk

:turned:

Most Curtis frames use T45 tubing which in my opion is great for strength and durabilty , but the tubeset feels very lifeless. Its hard to explain but i always felt my Curtis held me back alot. Get a Leeson reynolds tubing has a much nicer ride feel.

I don't agree too much there...

well the t1 comp frame I had did feel dull and lifeless, but the elite frame I originally had was light and bouncey, felt amazing!

There is however the issue with poor geometry on the 26inch frames which is why I had a leeson after my curtis for a while. It was far nicer to ride but I ended up realising that short frames were doing my riding no justice at all!

Jono