Is A T-pro Good Enough

Adrian

It'll be sound (Y)

Don't just start making un-necessary upgrades either!

What are unnecessary upgrades on a t-pro? lol, I bought mine standard (2005) and even with the upmost TLC it still let me down.

When you get this frame make sure you check the BB threads, they have a reputation for being ripped out if the BB shell isn't tightened enough/over tightened.

Change rear hub ASAP.

Change handlebars (personal preference) I don't like the angle of them, I went for Tryall Yourselfs, flat and nice and wide.

Change 05 lever, or buy a metal TPA screw.

Rear brake booster, frame tends to flex a lot, although I did buy a booster and found it made my brakes worse, now removed.

Thats my opinion anyway.

Un-necessary upgrades are replacing perfectly fine parts :P

I'm not having a go, but the point of upgrading is to upgrade. People replace wheels, cranks, bars, frames ect even though they is nothing 'wrong' with it, its just down to a personal preference on how you like your bike to handle.

How many times have you bought a new part to replace a perfectly fine one?

Although, it depends how you define 'perfectly fine', as in quality/condition or fine as in 'good enough', but on either way you don't know if a part is good enough until you try another...trial and error.

I'm not having a go, but the point of upgrading is to upgrade. People replace wheels, cranks, bars, frames ect even though they is nothing 'wrong' with it, its just down to a personal preference on how you like your bike to handle.

How many times have you bought a new part to replace a perfectly fine one?

Although, it depends how you define 'perfectly fine', as in quality/condition or fine as in 'good enough', but on either way you don't know if a part is good enough until you try another...trial and error.

Wasn't meaning to be funny but I'd rather save my money and be able to afford to replace things when they break, rather than (for the sake of the argument) blowing all my cah on an all singing, all dancing, long/low/silver frame only for my back wheel to unexpectedly pringle meaning I can't afford to replace it. Why not upgrade when a cheaper part fails? I don't think I've ever replaced a perfectly fine part, mainly due to money issues! If I could afford to do it, I probably would :-