Starting On The Back Wheel

frozenfrogsocks

first its easier using just one finger on the back brake,

1. do a small endo then rock onto your back wheel and hop for as long as possible.

2.once youve got the hang of that and can almost do it for as long as you like, try and do a short fast peddal kick to get up onto the back wheel.

3. once you can get on the back wheel easily with a peddle kick, when you get on the back wheel try to lower the front and when you think youve got the wheel low enogh let go of the brake and try put another peddle kick in and repeat.

4. practise ALOT.

its hard to explain but this should help a bit , your best bet would be to find someone better than you then learn off them. adrian

For actually spending anytime in the same place on the back wheel or making small hops forward without a pedal kick, you'll need to learn to Correction Hop, watch a few videos and pretty much before any move on the back wheel, the person wil do a few correctional hops to get their weight comfortably over the back wheel.

Personally, if im doing a drop or whatever, ill do a few correctional hops about a foot away from the edge, small kick to get me right over the edge, possibly another hop if im not 100% happy with where i am, and then down. It's hard to stay on the back wheel in the same place without lifting the bike every few seconds, some people can do it, but it's beyond me......

Hey

Best way buddy is to try and stay centred over the bike ( getting your arse above the rear brake/booster), or if you you start to tip to one side, turn your front end in the opposite direction, but yea just practice alot. Maybee watch some videos of riders on there back wheel and see how they do it !!!

Hope this has helped. :huh:

Steve

Edited by steve huddo

hi mate,

im having the same problem ive got my balence and can pretty much do as many hops as i want but when it comes to doing a drop its realy had as i cant properly foward hop, i have to do little hops foward each time... and when i eventually get to the end i either skim the wall/pallets as im going down or i just go nowhere and back wheel just sticks to pallets/wall then my front wheel goes crashing to the ground (i usally end up with a buckel (N)) but ive been practising foward hops (properly) but its just not happening and ive been on traszen but didnt really help. i was just wondering if someone could help me in the order in how to do a foward hop it will be much appricieated (sp?)

thanks alot fergie (Y)

Edited by onzatprodude