Aaaaaahh Cranks Off Bb Help!.

mavic

Morning lads and girlys :- , Right for the past hour i have tried to get my cranks off my bottom bracket, so far i have threaded a bb tool :S , pulled some of thread out of my right crank( its still works though) used a hair dryer and then a blow torch. have used wd40 and axel grease these are a beast to get off.

Oh and i love my bike to bits and hate marking it :P so no wacking the shit out of it .

(Middle Burns cranks square tappered bt the way)

any help darlings?.

dan.

Morning lads and girlys :- , Right for the past hour i have tried to get my cranks off my bottom bracket, so far i have threaded a bb tool :S , pulled some of thread out of my right crank( its still works though) used a hair dryer and then a blow torch. have used wd40 and axel grease these are a beast to get off.

Oh and i love my bike to bits and hate marking it :P so no wacking the shit out of it .

(Middle Burns cranks square tappered bt the way)

any help darlings?.

dan.

Take the crank bolts out ride a round a LITTLE should loosen them off then poor boling water over them should come off pretti easy with a wack from a hammer or even by hand ??

Sam

Edit: Check the FAQ Here

Edited by Swize

i know when we f**ked the start threads on tims cranks, i came up with the random idea of putting selotape on the inside of the cranks and the bb tool then went in perfect because it slid over the selotape and caught on the good threads instead. worked perfectly. though depends on how much of the threads you have f**ked.