Grinding Rims

mark145

I grinded my rim for the first time today. I first praticed on two old rims - doing one at a 45 degree angle and the other at a 90 degree angle to see the differences.

I can't believe how easy it was. make sure you wear goggles/gloves. I found a piece of me rim in me hair earlier :-

Also you should wear a mask as the solvent holding the grinding disk together can be dangarous when it burns!

Hope this helped.

Rocks370

If you grind your rims wont you eat brakes pads like nobodys business?

Depends on the density (hard/soft ness) of your pads, you get something like a koxx bloxx brown they last yonks cause there hard pads, but if your made of money/stupid you could use zoo! pads on a grind and watch them dissapear... so to answer your question no it won't

my friends who used to do trials an has now quit always used to do my rims, so i had to learn to do it myslef as my friend didnt trust himself to do it

so got an old front rim did it propperly an turned out to be a well nice grind by the time i was on the 2nd side of the rim