Helmets

MikeCottTrials

Whatever you get make sure it fits well, thats the most important thing. Without the chin strap done up you should be able to shake and nod your head without it moving much at all, the chinstrap is there to stop it coming on upwards, not to hold it on.

In terms of brands, the usual Giro, Met, Bell, Lazer etc are all good. Try to go for one with the internally adjustable band, any reasonable helmet has them now so no excuses really, they aid fitting and help comfort.

Make sure the helmet suits your shape of head and is comfortable. When i went to buy a helmet i ended up spending about £20 less than i wanted as it fitted my head the best and was most comfortable.

Finally, get down to a shop near you and try them on, none of this blindly ordering online stuff. Have a play with them all and find the right shape and size, the sales assistant should be able to help you get the right one for you. If you want to save a bit of cash and get it online, take a note of the make model and most importantly size, then order it from your chosen online e-tailer.

Hope thats of some help, oh and yes i used to work in a bike shop so know what i'm talking about :)

Thats some good advice, i think il go to freetown and get some helmets on WITHOUT THEIR CONSENT mmuuhhahahahaa! :twisted: