Bottom Bracket Removal.

echoteam!!

Do you know that one side is opposite thread so you have to turn it the other way?

I can't remember which side exactly but i'm sure someone else will varify, don't do anything else untill you know which one to turn opposite! Otherwise you will overtighten it and it will be a bitch to get out.

Max

im sure the drive side turns clockwise and the non drive side turns counter clockwise. Both directions are as you are looking at the bike side on. Sods law says im wrong but im sure thats it

EDIT: Do the none drive side first as with a sealed BB this is just a cup and it will make it easier, the drive side will normally be attatched to the BB itself unless it isn't a sealed BB, which with u saying its a Race Face im pretty sure it will be! (Y)

Edited by fruitbat

This is what happens when people dont put a tiny big of grease on the bb like said,

A lot of bike shops do it on pupose to there bike's so you have to go back to there shop for removal(Another 15quid in there pocket).

Try putting the bb on a table vice and turn the whole bike,Ive had to do this a few times,ive had four people on a bb before but still would not move. (N)

More GREASE please (Y)

Hi.

I had the same problem mate. So I took a blow torch and heated up the part of the frame around the BB so that the metal would expand. The BB came out easily and my old frame had no damage not even to the paint work.

Hope my advice was appreciated.

From Stuart.