How Do You Push Maggy Hose Ends Into A Plastic Hose!

Matt_Tupman

Ok i've never actually run a standerd Maggy hose :blink: but my stupid braided hose have turned to crap with fluid seeping from all over the show.

So i'm trying to put some hose ends in to funnily enough some hose ;) but!! how the hell do I get it in?? I can't see how I can streatch the hose enough to get it in!

Please help

warm the end fittings up with a lighter, blowtorch or sumat then push them straight in whilst they are still hot. can use plyers to hold both the fitting and the hose, but the proper blocks and a vive would work much better

rob

with my experience with using a lighter, it just melts the end and it ends up folding, if you do need to soften it, which you probably will, put it in boiling water for a minute or so.

also some people say use a rubber hammer to protect the barbed fittings, but this does not provide the shock to get it in, just use a normal hammer, it works much better and doesn't damage the ends.