Help - crank extraction

KeNi

If you have striped the threads for the crank puller, take it to a bike shop as they should have tools for the job, like what looks like a big tuning fork! or an over sized crank tool where by they cut a new tread and use a bigger extractor..

If you don't give a rats arse about the arm and it's a square tapper, then use a hack saw to cut the arm off as there's no danger of doing damage to bottom bracket cos it's hardened steel

Bike shop OR...

Crank arm in vice, (so crank arm/sproket is facing you)

Get a big f**king rod of metal (pref. square shaped)

Fit it into the crank (where the BB axle is)

Big f**king hammer and knock the living shit out of it. Might screw your BB, but, if you've got the money, who cares, lol.

I had the very same problem,i used to always just knock it off with a hammer and then i went to do it once and it wouldnt come off.Go to yourlocal bike shop and get a tool.I have a park tools extractor,it cost £13 and all you have to do is screw it into your crank and it has a handle on the end and you tighten that and the crank pops off.

Its this Park tools extractor

When i was splitting my bike to sell, i wasn't bothered about the bottom bracket. So i got a grinder and grinded the bottom bracket off next to the crank arm, and then knocked the leftovers of the bottom bracket out. OR you could try a crank puller. (Y)