Car Insurance Question

cookie456_the2nd

Right, i got my test on friday so hopefully il pass but i gotta get insurance sorted obviously.

Question being, my dad has some no claims discount but he says i wouldnt be able to use it, - like like him as first driver me as named, - because its being used on his other policy. Is this right, surely all you gotta do is send off the no claims certificate thing to the insurance people, and its all dandy? :-

I dunno, hopefully one of you lot can help me out?

No claims is specific to a single person and their policy, so your dads no claims discount is for him alone, you cant scav it!

But if you're insured on your dads policy, watch out, if you have a smash, he'll lose his no claims!

It's a bummer I know, they're greedy beggars...

Alun

Although not the question you're asking, if you dad has no claims and then he gets another policy you as first driver, if YOU crash the car, you lose HIS no claims

Also as a named driver you wont gain no claims, although I've heard something different about more than insurance or soemthing :S

Although not the question you're asking, if you dad has no claims and then he gets another policy you as first driver, if YOU crash the car, you lose HIS no claims

Also as a named driver you wont gain no claims, although I've heard something different about more than insurance or soemthing :S

He'll only lose his no claims if its on the same policy as the dude above surely, Oh and you can gain no claims experience which some insurance companies take into account.