My Magura

mr_chisholm

Hey All,

My magura is leaking and i can't get in contact with ben, to help fix it, or kev, to get a new tube of or to ask anyway. :P

The Details of it:

Where the tubing for a Magura 05 connects to the lever is where it is leaking,

It has no cracks in the tube that i can see and i really want this fixed asap.

This may help you to understand:

The Magura

Thanks very much.

Aidan C.

Edited by mr_chisholm

what a fanny (N) stop refering to peoples names i know them, but most of the people on here don't just speak to them on msn. That is easy to sort i do it every day or often anyhooo. no need for a new lever

Hey,

Thanks so much for all the help and it is much appreciated i have been outside in my wooden shed playing with my magura, and kev popped in dropped of a new lever - put it on and bobs your mothers brother as a t-f dude put it!

Thanks again.

Aidan C.

why the f**k do we care that your shed is wooden?

you know what i'm getting at

Edited by Gavyn L

Just strip it down and whats causing it should be pretty obvious.

Check the connection bolt, it may be cracked (DON'T over tighten them, it may snap inside the lever and then you're screwed).

Check the olive on the end of the hose, it may have come off or may be too close to then end of the hosing.

Check the hosing for damage, a crease at the lever entery my cause it to leak.

Check the threads on the lever, make sure they're not warn.

These are pretty 'basic' brakes and troubleshooting or identifying problems is pretty easy.

Edit: Noticed you've already fixed it, but I'll keep the above, might be handy for someone :)

Edited by anzo

Is it tite? maby your seal has gone or you have a snaped tube ?

rickyb

I agree with this kid. if it is not tight then that might be the cause of the problem. Also, if the little hose connector bolt is knackered then that might be the cause. If there is an olive at that end of the hose, that might have gone. Or the seal could have broken. To be honest, your best bet is to ring up some sort of bike shop that is pretty big otherwise you might be out of luck. Going back a while now, i had to get a new magura olive and most of the little shops i rang up didnt even know what magura was so choose your shop wisely. I hope this helped (Y)

Edited by Bike addict