Nice, Cheap Stock Bike

Camster911

Hey, I'm not too sure on getting two different trials bikes; you're probably better of using your money to buy a jump bike for example, and just getting good on your mod bike.

If you're set on a stock bike I'd definately buy one second hand of ebay or the 'for sale' section on this site, just because you'll get a better spec'd bike for your money.

Dan

That's just an example. On another thread on here someone else made the same point. I think it was Paul Olliver in that thread who was saying how you should like widen your range of riding ability, and that when he does dirt jumping and then gets onto his trials bike, he rides much better.

(I think the thread was to do with a chap who wanted to buy a real cheap mod bike to practice on, so he wouldnt damage his T-pro)

I would probably enjoy dirt jumping , but finding a place would be a pain in the arse , Isnt there a place at yeadon tarn?

And is it hard?

I dont know about where you live, but i thought the same thing about where i live. But once i got into it, i found that there are loads of places. Dirt jumping is relativly easily. Its all about confidence and not being scared to hurt yourself. Also build your self up to things. Dont try a no footer before you have tryed a 1 footer. You may think that this is obivous, but i have seen alot of people try things like this with fatal results!

Hope this helps

From Lee :P

That's just an example. On another thread on here someone else made the same point. I think it was Paul Olliver in that thread who was saying how you should like widen your range of riding ability, and that when he does dirt jumping and then gets onto his trials bike, he rides much better.

(I think the thread was to do with a chap who wanted to buy a real cheap mod bike to practice on, so he wouldnt damage his T-pro)

wow somebody listens to me :P

yeah its a good idea to vary your riding, its helped everybody i know whos tried it (Y)

so keep your mod for trials, and perhaps try gettin a nice 24inch jump/street bike? nice and small and chuckable, so it wont feel too strange coming from your mod? there are some fantastic little bikes out there now, for such little money-take a look around :)

i personally wouldnt go for the merida but you should consider an onza t-rex they are good spec bikes that ride really well and most of all they are cheap

steve :)

I thought they were about £700 , a little , lower budget than that.

Thanks anyway , there a nice bike.

thats for the spec 2 but the spec one is only 500 full build with a nice spec

maguras

tuff guy forks

full fat rims

good bar and stem

thats what i got at christmas last year and its the best bike ive owned looking at a coust frame next :rolleyes: