Gym And Trials

Vasil

Hi there

I started to go to gym just to look a bit more muscle guy :P

I have the question is anybody who felt positive or negative affects of bodybuilding on trials?

Can you do bigger moves? Can you move the bike easier?

Let's hear opinions...thnx

PS: sorry if thgis was already discused...

i felt i could ride better when i went to the gym a few weeks.

i cant be bothered now the weathers better though. was good to be able to sweat a few times a week when we had snow, but i think riding helps more than anything to be honest.

but if you wanna improve and look good/whatever, go for it.

Anyway I wana ride as much as I can and as much as possible in grade 12 before exams and universitie exam :P...anyway i wana share 4--60 minutes 4 times a week into my program to get to gym..before summer i think i will ride a bit less but on weekend loads :P

Hi, I went to the gym to do weights until recently when i read that trials riders need stamina and no a lot of muscle as muscle weighs more than fat therefore you are pretty heavy which i not very good for most things in trials, so if i was you i would go for a jog or cycle if it is dry and if not then go to the gym and go on the running machines or cycling machines.

Allen.

it does help if you go to the gym once a week and do a few reps as it helps to maintain the strength, and then when you ride you will develop the right muscles from the already strengthen base (Y)

I started going to gym last fall so I've been training there for about half a year now. My main objective was to get more strength and most importantly explosive strength to legs. I have had a personal trainer make me a few programs by then. I must say that I have noticed a BIG difference. I'm a lot more powerful rider now and can jump higher. Before I was pretty much stopped at certain level due to my muscle ability, but I have definately improved in that now. I'm also aware about plyometrics and have read about it, but for some reason it felt more natural for me to go to gym.

Thanx everybody for advice.I go to gym to get myself into shape cus i can say i'm a bit thin guy.Anyway I will concentrate on trials as much is possible.Anyway ride for fun, that's the way to get big :)