Strongest 8/9 Speed Chain

rocks370

Hello,

I wish to keep my bike a 9 speed due to the fact that it takes 15 minutes before i can ride anywhere decent.

I've searched the forums and looked on various shop sites but i cant find what the strongest 8 speed chain is. Most of them say "suitable for BMX/Single speed" so does that mean it wont fit through the derailleur?

Has anyone had good/bad experiences with 8/9 speed chains?

Thanks for the help.

P.S, I know i said i run 9 speed and need a 8 speed chain, but after shortening the chain so its tight whats the point in buying a 9 speed :S

Hello,

I wish to keep my bike a 9 speed due to the fact that it takes 15 minutes before i can ride anywhere decent.

I've searched the forums and looked on various shop sites but i cant find what the strongest 8 speed chain is. Most of them say "suitable for BMX/Single speed" so does that mean it wont fit through the derailleur?

Has anyone had good/bad experiences with 8/9 speed chains?

Thanks for the help.

P.S, I know i said i run 9 speed and need a 8 speed chain, but after shortening the chain so its tight whats the point in buying a 9 speed :S

Does it say I need a new one?

I would just like to know everyones experiences and/or recommendations.

I only have a budget one at the moment.

if you find you do want to get a new chain sram pc991 hollowpin is a mtb and very strong i use one and it works brill, it run smooth and the drilled pins not only look good but save weight too, or theres the pc89r which is a road bike chain so i desgned to take a high amount of torque and pressure, this chain features link plates with machined holes in the middle which again saves weight but also makes it stronger, the down side to these chains is they are pretty expensive but you get great proformance, as you know your chain is only as strong as the weekest link an often it is the connecting link what lets you down, but with these chains the connecting link is as strong as all the other links will last the life of the chain unlike most connecting links,