Stolen Bikes

Littleharrys

Would the main street not be a more sensible idea as there are always atleast a few good citizens walking through or if your lucky the men in blue who will interupt a bike thiefs attempt at nicking your bike, whereas the alley way there is a likly hood of no one interupting the thief ?

Jersey = small island (unlike england)

small island = no where to go (unlike england,numerous countys,other countries,mountains...)

bike thiefs with no where to go are caught+arrested very easily

also knowing atleast a group of people in every part of the island means bike thiefs get found out all to easily

and if you cant do much, then it only takes a few hours to drive round the whole island searching the riding/gathering hot spots

for these reasons big bouncy dh bikes, shiny trials bikes, smart bmxs etc dont get nicked...hardly

very comfatable relaxed island :) oh and its pretty good to ride

sorry to dis england so much and be so "up" lil jersey, but i suppose look on this post as an insight into a opposite comunity and put the amount of theft over in england onto a scale...can anyone give a point of view from a part of america ?

Edited by jersey rider

I hear that.

And If you HAVE to go into a sop when you have it, take the bike in the shop.

If they dont let you, then just say "well Ill take my business elsewhere".

I have yet o find a shop that hasnt let me take my bike in while buying stuff from them.

haha, I do that all the time, especially subway. if they dont like it, f**k them