Monty 221pr

Chris Walls

Hi everyone

I've been building up a monty 221 pr, and i was wondering whether to try out a disk on the rear, something like a hope trial disk brake.

However i have heard a couple of people say that the disk mounts on the 221pr aren't that strong, but i don't know if this is true or not.

So i was wondering if any of you guys have had any experiences of running disks on the back of a 221pr and how the frames held up, and whether the mounts would be strong enough to run a disk.

Cheers

Chris

Even those that have, will only have had their frames for a matter of weeks

ohh yeah didn't think of that :- .

I'm Hoping the mounts will be strong, because the rest of the frame does look pretty strong.

Chris

Edited by zoo pitbull rider 05

from what I can see the disc mount on the 221pr is veyr similar to that of the '05 ti's which traditionally cracked at the disc mount when being used with a disc, You could probably use it for few weeks but I generally wouldn't trust it in the long run (Y)

I've just had an e-mail from monty about the rear disk mount, and they said that the maker of the 221 X-Lite 2005 missed to make a modification on the frame so the first series of this model were not strong enough to resist the rear disc brake.

They also said that the 221pr 06 would be able to run a rear disk as the modifications have been changed. So hopefully it should be able to hold it :)

Chris