Rubbing Disc Brake :@

nafan

Usually my C2 rubs a lot, but not as much as it is now...

I have tried loosening it off all the way at the lever and nothing happens, I am also skint from buying some urbans off ebay yesterday so I can't get a new one yet...

Just wondering if I could space out the caliper halves with some washers, as it is rubbing on both sides...

Any suggestions would be much appreciated - thanks guys,

Nathan :)

Just wondering if I could space out the caliper halves with some washers, as it is rubbing on both sides...

noooooo bad idea :P

presumably its only started rubbing this much sicne you got the urbans? if so, maybe get the mounts faced? othrwise a rebleed wouldnt go a miss :) cos if its not retracting the pads properly, then there is something wrong with the bleed or the seals/pistons

No I do not have the urbans yet, may get them faced anyway though, if its easy...

Anyway I have sorted the problem temporarily by replacing the more rubbing side pad with an old worn one, which seems to be working, although the braking performance is not exactly 'top-notch' :P

Cheers for the advise mate,

Nathan :)