Ss Or Gears

Sam Ward

Im buying a shed load of stuff at the weekend to get my jump bike complete ( or as near as finished as possible) but when it comes to buying a rear wheel im stuck,

I don't know wether to go ss or run gears, i've got a D521 rim laying around and don't know wether to build onto that (which would work out more expensive) or buy one ready built, if i went ready built which would be cheaper i still would be stuck on wether to run ss or gears. I had my eye on the dmr revolver rear hub but when i looked on crc i found this

http://www.chainreactioncycles.com/Kits.aspx?ModelID=2582

Now i can choose the ss version or cassette, i don't have a large amount of money so ss would be cheaper for me but does anyone know what crc's wheel builds are like, and is there any good reason why i shouldnt run ss.

cheers

sam

i run 32:16, feels real nice :) im more of a streety rider though, and thats on my 24

if you run ss spacers on a cassette hub, you can play with different ratios by using sprockets off a cassette, and finally find the 1 you like :)

singlespeed rocks i think, infact i dont run gears on any of my bikes now :) not even my xc bike

I personally prefer SS but as above its personal opinion

Seems the answer the most questions asked here :S

There's pros and con's to both sides, its just up to you to work out which you prefer and which you could live with