Stupid Pc.

Siders77

So....Last night I was playing BF2 for a while and it all went fine until I came off and was talking on MSN then my PC decided to randomly crash, I was a bit annoyed but didn't think much more of it until I booted up again.

It gets to the main Windows loading screen stays on that for ages then blue screens and comes up with an error message saying something like "PAGEFILE_FAULT_IN_NON_PAGEFILE_AREA" then it tells me to disable memory dumping/shadowing in the BIOS but I couldn't find that so I restarted again and it just keeps doing it over and over again.

So I try to re-install Windows. It gets to the Windows install bit fine, I deleted the Partition I had and made a new one and installed Windows on that, it gets so far through and blue screens with that error message :angry:

So I try quick format, full format and leaving the current file system intact but it STILL blue screens. :angry::angry:

I thought it may have been my HDD (Samsung SpinPoint P SATA) so I try and old IDE one I had in my room and it does exactly the same bloody thing.

I was told that my memory (GeIL 2GB Value RAM) might be faulty so I run MemTest for a few hours and can't see a problem. Restart the PC and now I can't get a signal on the bloody screen. The NB fan stays on full power when it usually doesn't, it usually stays on full power for a few seconds and slows down. I get no beeps or anything so I really don't know what's up.

Spec just incase you need it:

DFI LanParty SLi-D Motherboard

BFG GeForce 7800GT OC GFX Card

2GB GeIL Value RAM

Hiper Type R 580W PSU

Soundblaster Audigy 2ZS sound card

1x 80GB Western Digital IDE HDD

1x 40GB Samsung Spinpoint P SATA HDD

Asetek WaterChill water cooling.

Any ideas. :(

Edited by Siders77

Quick update:

I've cleared the CMOS and I now get a signal on the monitor but when I go into the BIOS to change the boot order to 1)CDROM 2)HDD 3)Floppy and save it then reboot it does the same as it was doing before....Not getting a signal on the monitor until I clear the CMOS. :angry:

Yeah, I got the Raptor as a boot drive. It's insane, I only have one, but have heard great things about the performance set up as RAID. Get's a bit hot but nothing a water cooled system can't handle.

How much did your RAM set you back, by the way? I'm looking for some more RAM but seems a a bit expensive for 1Gb DIMMS atm. I only have two slots in my mobo because it's a shuttle, so have no option but to get 2*1Gb. Annoyingly, I currently have 2*512Mb, so I'll need to replace all of it. >_<

I had a similar problem about a year ago but really don't remember how I solved it. I also got a blue screen after re-installing windows over and over again. Will think hard today and if the answer enchants me I shall post it up.

The black screen without any beeps, basically without anything is caused by a hardware problem. Refer to your motherboard instructions, they should cover this matter in the troubleshooting pages.

Yeah, I got the Raptor as a boot drive. It's insane, I only have one, but have heard great things about the performance set up as RAID. Get's a bit hot but nothing a water cooled system can't handle.

How much did your RAM set you back, by the way? I'm looking for some more RAM but seems a a bit expensive for 1Gb DIMMS atm. I only have two slots in my mobo because it's a shuttle, so have no option but to get 2*1Gb. Annoyingly, I currently have 2*512Mb, so I'll need to replace all of it. >_<

The RAM was just over £106 I would steer well clear of it to be honest. This is the 3rd lot i've had to send back since November. :(

ok.. this might be kind of off topic in some case's.. but still computer problems lol

My pc is quite slow lol.. and i recently put some more RAM i think about 567 or something lol

and it hasnt made any changes to it at all i still keep gettin the virtual memory is low , is there something i has to do for it to recognise it?.. i would of thought it recognised it automaticly lol

Also another problem... windows updates... iv had this problem over a year and its thay i get error reports on most microsoft programs such as msn messenger, morhpeus, media player also the help and support menu..

if i drag the error report box to the side the program still runs fine without crashing... i have been and posted on the microsoft website e.t.c and iv had no luck.. also i have tryed a system restore and it does nothing...

i dont really know what eles i can do.. ?? :S

For the virtual memory bit go to

Start> Control Panel> System> Advanced Tab> Advanced> Under the Performance heading click Settings> Under the Virtual Memory heading click Change> Then change the numbers.

Mine's set to-

Initial size- 384MB

Maximum Size- 768MB