Who Like Base Trials Bikes?

Base t20 was my first bike, must of been the 2001 model or thereabouts. Bought it 3rd hand, I was friends with both of the people who had had it though. Thats how I got into trials first, by having a go on the bike off my mate. I actually gave him £20 towards the bike so I had some 'right' to have a spin on it!!

I found the bike was very nice to learn on at first, I loved her ( named her Tess :$ ). But, There where quite a few negative things.

1) I went through about 4/5 freewheels (rear), but this only happened after my riding had progressed, they where 'extra heavy duty' ones from halfords. Pretty burly looking, but they didnt last long at all.

2) Bent the bashguard. Again this was only after I had progressed quite abit, about 7-8months from buying.

3) Bought a set of 2005 HS33's, front and rear, which were'nt much better than the V's really. Bettered abit with magura koolstop pads and a carbon 2bolt booster, but in my opinion HS33's are complete w@nk when used on V mounts.

I'd like to point out that when I had this bike, my knowledge was pretty poor, so I had no idea why the freewheels where 'braking', I imagine they where just working loose, and my choice of pads was pretty poor too!

Also, not too light, but when learning this wasn't noticeable.

Something else I noticed was it seemed smaller to ride than other trial bikes, lower and shorter.

Overall, a nice bike to learn on, but it will hold you back after a while.

Alun

My Mate had a Base T19 and the paint was really tacky it all just fell off so he had big silver patches on his bike... If your not bothered about appearance i would say it is a good starter bike... I have seen a picture of a T19 snapped clean in half. So if your a rough rider i would advise you to be careful! (Y)

Yep, the t-pro is much better, as a bike, spec, and for value. There are a lot of bikes that I would choose over the base. Are you looking for a bike marcus?

Alun

yh i am looking for a bike something like a t pro or t mag mayb a koxx djinn. have you got one alun?

I rode for the Base Team a while back, and have to say that the Base was a frame that I really got on with - i don't really like the High BB's of todays bike - My current bike is an 05 saracen kitted out with top kit, and weighs in at about 24 Pounds. I find it good for everything - Natural, Street,park,etc.

Darren

does any one like the base ta20 or t 19 etc..?

yh i am looking for a bike something like a t pro or t mag mayb a koxx djinn. have you got one alun?

Nope, sorry, just wondering why you where asking that's all, shouldn't be to hard to get hold of though, have a look on the for sale part of the forum, and email them if they have an address in their profile (Y)

Alun

yeh i had the T20 and i found it good to learn on but i had problems with the freewheels i think i went through 6! at the time i had it i didnt know much about trials so i thought i was good, but once i got my new bike (onza T-Pro) i was glad to get rid of it :lol: there is alot more range of bikes that u can choose from and if i was you i wouldnt gat a basebike (Y)

ste