Front Disc Hubs

loffa

So I'm looking for a front disc hub, as my DT is dieing (basically my 203mm Avid has put so much force on it that the hub shell has streched a bit and now it's creaking and a bit loose, but what could you except from a lightweight xc hub that has been used for trials for nearly three years)

So I've looked around in different online shops, and I have found three hubs which I have liked, but I can't decide which one. Either the new BT disc hub, Hope XC or Hope Pro2. I'm looking for something not too heavy or expensive.

Can anybody tell me what's the difference between a Hope XC and a Hope Pro2?

Which hub out of the three would you suggest? Or maybe something else? Echo? Viz?

Thanks.

Not that it makes that much difference but the Pro 2 is 186 grams whereas the XC is 207 grams, and also the pro 2 is made trials specific and is probaly stronger and can withhold the stress from trials better than an XC.

Rob

I'd say give the american classic 140 disc a look. I've had one for about 18 months and its been excellent, no probslems at all, and the bearings are still smooth as a babies bum, there lighter than either of the hopes too and are a bit different too, not just the normal hopes.

Not that it makes that much difference but the Pro 2 is 186 grams whereas the XC is 207 grams, and also the pro 2 is made trials specific and is probaly stronger and can withhold the stress from trials better than an XC.

Rob

Wrong! the pro 2 hub isnt a trials hub, its just an xc with beefier bearings. just get an xc 10 quid cheaper and no body here seems to complain about them

Ben