Trials Unicycle

Hi all. I went to the circus and some of the clowns came out on unicycles and were doing some rely good tricks.

This got me wondering has any one got any videos of Trials Unicycle i want to see what its all about. When people do things on two wheels thats mind blowing. Is it equally as amazing on one wheel?

What are your views on Trials Unicycle? Pictures of Trials Unicycleing are welcome (Y)

Your avatar is very disturbing.

and your avatar is the best! them noodles are the dong! you probably dont even know what they are do you or was it just some random pic you found? those noodles are so nice! there the equevelent to microwave food over in hong kong (i live in england) im proud to be chinese as my country invented them lol im surprised you got a picture of it :blink:

unicycle trials, never really thought about it or wanted to watch it but i would like to see avideo of it though.

John Kan the china man

Edited by J-KAY

Ive met Kris Holm and seen him ride, you just would not believe what he can do, he can

hop up quite a few feet, and he hopped onto this picket fence higher that waist height

and started riding along it, even though it was really bumpy!

I do a bit of unicycle trials when i can be bothered, a cheap trials uni is about £120.

you can get profile 1s as well

there is a uni-cyclist who is best in britian on the site "unstopable" or something i saw him go to pedal up about 4 foot and then almost sodehopped over the rail he was picked on to 7 foot drop i was like :o thats bigger than my drop :huh:lol

• 2 months later...

for those of you who actually do unicycle trials, is it hard to do? looks pretty easy if you actually got the hang of riding a unicycle full stop. :P

EDIT: Okay from looking at koxx's pros i now DONOT think it looks easy.

Edited by MaD CAt

for those of you who actually do unicycle trials, is it hard to do? looks pretty easy if you actually got the hang of riding a unicycle full stop. :P

EDIT: Okay from looking at koxx pro's i now DON'T think it looks easy.

If you can ride, it doesn't means you can jump 1 meter right away.

In the beginning of my riding I could jump only 1 cm and now after 1 year I can jump 60 cm.

Unicycle trials is not as easy as it looks, you have to balance on one wheel on every obstacle.

Just try it, than you will now if it's hard or not.

You can't judge everything just by looking at it.

PM

yep i do unicycle trials as well, it's hard to do big stuff compared to bikes, but it's still fun. Parts break quite a lot and the wheel tends to buckle extremely easily from impacts. It's harder than you think.

I normally go riding with Joe Hodges (unstablebutable on the forum) and as Joe_Elding above said, he's British Champion (Yoggi doesn't count because he's not British) and now World no.2 beating all the Koxx riders including Yoggi ;) There's a small video of me and joe made by Trashzen, just search in the videos section and you'll find it.

The majorly large downside to unicycle trials is that it'll make your biketrials riding go downhill, as it is a distraction. It certainly had a bad effect on me! :$

Cool, another one of these topics.

There's a video and pictures of a guy named Zack Baldwin on this forum that me and Sponge posted up a bit back, just search for them in the relevent sub-forums. Extremely impressive.

Regarding difficulty of the sport... if you think it's easy, then try jumping around one footed all over the place, on rocks, on pallets etc... pretty hard isn't it? unicycle trials' difficulty is even harder, you notice it alot on natural riding.

No point in getting into the sport unless you're 100% dedicated, because it seriously is stressing when you break stuff (happens all the time), and when it starts to take over your bike riding (not good for trials bikers!).

Doing both bike and uni trials isn't good in the fact that both distract you from eachother, (silly Sponge!) but can be good in the fact that they both benefit eachother when you actually ride.

Yeah Sponge, let go off that second wheel and join us :P

PM