Magura Hose Problems

Bike addict

hi. Not so long ago i split my magura hose and it needs replacing. ive got the old hose off, but i cant seem to get the new one over the little spout on the bolt. The bit im trying to fix is the bridge from one caliper to the other on the rear. Is there any method to replacing it? Is there a simple way of getting the hose on. If there is please tell me. cheers, Ryan

clicky :- manual!! - products/HS33/download/ about page 9 i thinks

If you buy the magura bleed kit you get 2 little white plastic bits that you put in a vice, clamping the hose tight and then you tap in spur with a mallet - it goes on pretty easy with them (Y)

Edited by TomNewbold

clicky :- manual!! - products/HS33/download/ about page 9 i thinks

If you buy the magura bleed kit you get 2 little white plastic bits that you put in a vice, clamping the hose tight and then you tap in spur with a mallet - it goes on pretty easy with them (Y)

Yup, exactly.

The fitting is a magura hose holder. It holds the hose so you can push the fitting into the hose without the hose folding or slipping.

I believe that you can also just buy the hose clamp seperatly from the bleed kit.

Matt.

Right. Hi again. ive got my hose on but when i try to bleed my brakes, oil squirts every where from the lever. Ive been told to hold the lever in while i bleed them, Do i?

Ps-when im bleeding my brakes, i undo my tpa, unscrew the bolt on the caliper and take the wee little bolt out on the lever, Do i need 2 do anything else? cheers, Ryan (Y)

Which bit is spurting fluid from the lever? You may wanna bleed with water too, as it'll be cheaper if it keeps going to shit.

Oh, and feel better...

But yeah, whereabouts is the leak coming from? Don't hold your lever either...

'cos you don't need to? Plus it'll have the same effect as leaving the TPA right the way in, 'cos you're still pushing the piston further into the cylinder on the lever, and thus will put less fluid in.

Just to double check everything, are you doing this?

Take out bleed bolt on slave cylinder. Attach pipe+syringe.

Take out bleed bolt from lever. Attach pipe if you've got one (super handy).

Fire fluid through.

'cos you don't need to? Plus it'll have the same effect as leaving the TPA right the way in, 'cos you're still pushing the piston further into the cylinder on the lever, and thus will put less fluid in.

Just to double check everything, are you doing this?

Take out bleed bolt on slave cylinder. Attach pipe+syringe.

Take out bleed bolt from lever. Attach pipe if you've got one (super handy).

Fire fluid through.

Thats exactly what im doing

Cheers for the help guys, ill have another go tomorrow and keep you all updated. Thanks again. Ryan (Y)

Ive done it! at last with the help of my dad we have done it. This probably sounds wrong what i did but meh, its better than my old bleed.What we did was first undo the bolts we needed to, then we held the lever in, yes held it in, pushed fluid through (and let the lever out slowly whilst doing so) and then tightened up the bolts.

Then what we did was put the syringe in the opposite end(the caliper its self) and pused fluid through that opening until it came out of the other end. Then at last, it worked. What we did was probably wrong in many ways but its the best bleed ive ever had! :D

How sweet is the thought of more problems? very in my case. Now that ive bled it, when i use my brake harsh, like dropping off or whatever, around where ive had the new peice of hose fitted, a small amount of fluid leaks out, what can i do to stop this apart from the tediously gay task of replacing the hose? cheers guys Ryan (Y)

get some clear silicone like you use to seal bathroom and kitchen joints, smear it round the leaking area, leave to go off for at least 2-3hrs, then bam. no more leak..... either that or PTFE tape fromplumbers merchant and wang a load of that round .......or both ;)

That or maybe you cud perhaps take it ot someone who really knows what their doing to replace the hosing once and for-all?

Oh and when you bleed, you push the fluid into the caliper and it comes out the lever. dont bleed from the lever back, it will ne work..

MrSuave (Y)