What To Get First

mod 92

i think you should get proirities first you should thimk about getting the crank and back wheel if you need them so u can carry on riding then save more for your frame but if you don t need them get the frame

HELLO

can i have some avice on what to get next i have £300 and i dont no what to get out of frame or crank and back wheel (im rideing a t-bird) :huh:

If i was you i would get the frame and back wheel first and then get the frame because you can get a t-pro which is more upgraded than the t-bird also it will probaly help you to progress. :)(Y)

i would get a t-master fullbuld back wheel off www.tartybikes.com for £60

onzaboy scott

i would say go for the frame cause that would probly make the biggest difference to your riding and help

you improve quick but you would probly want to get better gearing first cause the gearing which comes on

the t-bird is crap and that would make a difference so i say go for the frame and which frame are you think

of getting? (Y)

unless your frame has any major problems

Its a T-Bird :P

I'll be different and say unless your cranks and backwheel are fooked get a new frame.

Or seeing as you have £300 get a monty 221 pro frame for £140 which leaves £160 for

cranks n stuff (Y)

Tom the best bet would be backwheel and cranks (Y)

T-Birds still come with 22-18 gearing? if so I would replace the cranks and backwheel, or else you might have a struggle with BB learence when you swap for a t-pro, 221pr ect.

My freind has the square tapeer echo cranks (the black ones, non CNC) and there really nice, feel preety stiff to and cheaper then most cranks at the moment. Use your old bb to (Y) (£52 from TB)

As someone else said, T-Master wheels are preety good, It does the job and quite well, Sealed bearings, flip flop style hub and a bolt up axle. Built onto a ronnie, Its goign to be a strong wheel (Y) Could always have extra truing and tensioning from Adam too, for £5. So thats £60.

Leaves you £278 for whatever frame you wanted (Y) But as someone said, the 221PR's look nice, and I bet they ride nice. A new BB and headset would'nt go a miss to if its the standard onza parts :) Just to let you know, shimano un52 BB, £11. FSA pig headset, £20.

Tom

Edited by Tom Booth

Leaves you £278 for whatever frame you wanted (Y) But as someone said, the 221PR's look nice, and I bet they ride nice

You mean £178 ?

Thats sort of zona zip kind of money, but i say be different and get the 221, they ride amazingly and £40 cheaper. If i was looking to get a mod it would be 221 for sure.

Also if you ride the older t-bird with the 20" rear wheel then you will need to get a 19" one other wise

you'll be in a world of hurt when it comes to upgrading anything, not to mention 20" rear wheels

feel terrible. :rolleyes:

T-Birds still come with 22-18 gearing? if so I would replace the cranks and backwheel, or else you might have a struggle with BB learence when you swap for a t-pro, 221pr ect.

My freind has the square tapeer echo cranks (the black ones, non CNC) and there really nice, feel preety stiff to and cheaper then most cranks at the moment. Use your old bb to (Y) (£52 from TB)

As someone else said, T-Master wheels are preety good, It does the job and quite well, Sealed bearings, flip flop style hub and a bolt up axle. Built onto a ronnie, Its goign to be a strong wheel (Y) Could always have extra truing and tensioning from Adam too, for £5. So thats £60.

Leaves you £278 for whatever frame you wanted (Y) But as someone said, the 221PR's look nice, and I bet they ride nice. A new BB and headset would'nt go a miss to if its the standard onza parts :) Just to let you know, shimano un52 BB, £11. FSA pig headset, £20.

Tom

Whats going on Tom, if you haven't yet noticed this post is actually helpful :o

Oh yeah, that is a very nice picture you have there :wub:

I would go with what Thomas said

Another pointless post from me

Whats going on Tom, if you haven't yet noticed this post is actually helpful :o

Oh yeah, that is a very nice picture you have there :wub:

I would go with what Thomas said

Another pointless post from me

cheerz mate (Y) i had not thought of that :D

well it depends on whether you think a new frame is in order, if it is restricting your ridng because they feel like a nettle sandwich then get a new frame, but if you were going for a tpro or a monty or a zona etc a new stem and bar set up would be advisable because tpro stems are huuuge and the bars are rape, too norrow n bla bla.

bt i dont know you do i, listen to your friends and look at your riding style n capabilities before you change a frame if you do.