The Monty #2

SIDEBURN

Hey, I'm building Monty as well and I've got the adaptors. If u want I can send u the measures and pics so u can make the proper ones. I think it's not that difficult.

I'm just wandering, how did the rear 26" 2.5 fit the rim. I've got the 26" rim already but it seems to to be not enough space there for 2.5 tire. is there enough room for that? Thanx.

Some pics of my Monty (in a building phase as well)

It's gonna be a street-trial bike, that's why suspension fork (I havent cut the steering tube yet).

I'll send the pics as I progress as well. Only the frame is used, all the other componetns are gonna be new.

Cheers

Hi, Yeah the measures would be really nice! I would really appriciate that (: nice Monty also.. The tire is 6 cm wide, hmm fit the rim? How do you mean?..

Cheers!

Hi, Yeah the measures would be really nice! I would really appriciate that (: nice Monty also.. The tire is 6 cm wide, hmm fit the rim? How do you mean?..

I mean, the space from the rim edge towards the seat tube. Doesn't the grip of the tire touch the frame (at the place under the seddle)??? ....because the whole wheel diameter is bigger.

I'll send u the measures in a bit.

Cya

The front wheel isnt really that bad...

You could paint the rim blue if you wanted i suppose,

but i wouldny be bothered about the huge flanges,

theoretically your wheel will be stiffer during braking :P

Hey, I'm building Monty as well and I've got the adaptors. If u want I can send u the measures and pics so u

That frame looks familiar, did you buy it off a guy called joe?

I mean, the space from the rim edge towards the seat tube. Doesn't the grip of the tire touch the frame (at the place under the seddle)??? ....because the whole wheel diameter is bigger.

I'll send u the measures in a bit.

Cya

Ahh now i see (: Sorry im bad at understanding english (: I have a lot of space between there actually.. there is (as you can see on the pics) 1.5 cm between the tire and the seat and 1 cm on each side were the cnc shit starts right at the end of the chainstays towards the bb.. the tire is 5 cm high.. I think i could squeeze a 2.6 maybe tire there if it was a continental as they are quite small for what the size says (:

Took some pics:

IPB Image

IPB Image

IPB Image

That frame looks familiar, did you buy it off a guy called joe?

No, it's not been bought in UK :turned:

I think i could squeeze a 2.6 maybe tire there if it was a continental as they are quite small for what the size says (:

Still wanderin', do you think I can fit the Maxxis Minion 2.5 in there.. Minions look bigger than continentals.

Cheers!

Still wanderin', do you think I can fit the Maxxis Minion 2.5 in there.. Minions look bigger than continentals.

Cheers!

hmm.. Sorry dont know :/ But my tire is 2.5/ 6 cm wide... if you have that space you should be able to run a 2.5..

Cheers..

A rather snazy bike my freind. Your rear rim is very stylish and goes very well with your hub (Y) . Keep the good work up and please don't scratch it as it is such a good bike.

Cheers BIG L (Y)

Yeah i think it goes together pretty well all the colours (:, but more red and blue is coming ;)

Pretty hard though to keep it from scratches :P it will be used.. you can always repaint it.. as i dont think i will ever manage to crack this frame (:

Thanks for the comment! Cheers...

Well, after many buts and ifs i decided to trade the Monty to something else... Wanted a bike that could take som beating.. I ended up with this one below..

IPB Image

Naah just kidding ;) But i havent updated my bike that much..still waiting for parts, Blue Zoo! handlebar, Magura louise fronbrake and som other small things is on its way..

The things ive got since last time is chromed out pimpin valvecaps ;)

And ive made myself a chaintensioner.. maybe not the best one but i think it will work.. if it doesnt ill just switch to some thicker Aluminum..

here are some pics:

IPB Image

IPB Image

IPB Image

Thats all for now (: Cheers!

good lookin, just the front wheel doesn't look that strong...

I think I wouldn't be that bold to jump that high on that;)

...how about the adaptors??? Did the measures help you?

speek to u later;)

Thanks (: .. The front wheel will do.. Looks a bit weird though with just the

The measuers were perfect (Y).. did one of the adaptors in a material called "oriol" its a material we use in school when building models and stuff.. and i sent the adaptormodel to a cnc guy (: so i hope to have them soon.. Thanks again and thanks fpr the comment (:

Very nice! And how much has it put you back alltogether? (Y)

Thank you (: well i dont know really.. try to foget all the cash ive spent on it :)

Thanks for the comment..

cheers!

Thanks (: ..The measuers were perfect (Y).. did one of the adaptors in a material called "oriol" its a material we use in school when building models and stuff.. and i sent the adaptormodel to a cnc guy (: so i hope to have them soon.. Thanks again and thanks fpr the comment (:

you're welcome man. Just take care (Y)

Small Update (:

The frontbrake came today.. A Magura Louise -04 in very good condition..

Some pics:

IPB Image

IPB Image

Gonna work for three weeks now.. but the remaining parts will probably show up next week.. Promise to update as soon as i can when they arrive..

Cheers!...

errr is that disc not on the wrong side? mines on the right hand sde of the handlebars.

Well, There is only one way to do it when the mounts on the forks is on the left side :P Or should i weld new ones? Sorry .. :)

You mean the lever.

He's obviously not from the UK, which is why he runs his brakes opposite, it's just a matter of preferance....

Exactly (: Dont know why though... Very weird.. but you people still drive on the left side also ;)

Cheers...