New-un

The only thing that immediatly jumps out is the rollovers. I roll over, and have to sit there and wait for the rollover hover image to load, and as the background is white, it looks like the button dissapears.

The best way around this is a cheat, basically. You create one image, like this, with both the normal state, and hover state next to each other. They can be above each other, or side by side, doesn't matter. You can even have the active state in there, just add a 3rd image onto the end.

Once you have that, all you do is use the background-position: attribute in your CSS. For instance, on Eclipse Leisure, the normal decleration is

background-position: -553px 0px;
where as the hover one is
background-position: 0px 0px;

You get the idea.

Nice site though, maybe a little to much white space on the right, especially on pages like contact. Like the italics too, although not what italics is designed to be used for, it looks good.

Although people have to stop using orange, white and gray as their site colour schemes. :

Not working for me.

The connection has timed out

The server at www.colchsfc.ac.uk is taking too long to respond.

* The site could be temporarily unavailable or too busy. Try again in a few

moments.

* If you are unable to load any pages, check your computer's network

connection.

* If your computer or network is protected by a firewall or proxy, make sure

that Firefox is permitted to access the Web.

:(

Thanks for the tips Simon, I noticed it does sometimes take a little while to load the rollover. I dont really understand your solution though :S

Im sure you'll tell me on msn :)

BTW what where italics designed for?

maybe a little to much white space on the right

On high resolutions yes

people have to stop using orange, white and gray as their site colour schemes

Grey ;) and thats the radio stations colour scheme :)

Not working for me.

:(

Well I have no idea how to solve that, its is the college's hosting :(

Edited by Has anyone seen my shoe?

I think it looks good, one thing though, you have the buttons/ banner etc aligned to the

left, and you have all the text aligned to the left, but the "Designed, Published etc" bit at the

bottom seems to be to the right of the centre of the page. Maybe its my resoloution or something,

but it kind of makes the whole thing look wonky...

And one other tiny thing is i think "There are many ways to contact Storm Radio and here they are:"

should read "Here are the ways to contact Storm Radio;" or something like that.

T'is good overall though (Y)

but the "Designed, Published etc" bit at the

bottom seems to be to the right of the centre of the page. Maybe its my resoloution or something,

but it kind of makes the whole thing look wonky...

Should be aligned to the center :(

Ill check now

*picture*

How long did it take you to do that?

Makes sense though, ill leave it for now, im sure people will be looking long enough for the images to load :)

Should be aligned to the center :(

I had problems with that the other day when coding my new site, cant quite remember what was

causing it, ill let you know if i remember what it was...

Maybe use a bit of padding or something to bring the text away from the margin a bit?

Kinda looks wrong having it all the way over to one side with such little text/ smallish font.

Edited by adamtrials

I had problems with that the other day when coding my new site, cant quite remember what was

Maybe use a bit of padding or something to bring the text away from the margin a bit?

Kinda looks wrong having it all the way over to one side with such little text/ smallish font.

Yeah will get to editing it at some point, theres going to be a big update on monday as the editorial positions are decided.

Hopefully I get editor or Head of PR (Y)

How long did it take you to do that?

Not long, 10 or 15 minutes.

It really depends how its done. You can use a container div and do text-align:center; but that centers the text in everything after as well, unless you specify text-align:left;

The normal way, which you'll find 90% of people use, is to have a container div (a div around everything inside the body) with margin-left:auto; margin-right:auto; and it will center it. You need to set a width for this to work though.

It really depends how its done. You can use a container div and do text-align:center; but that centers the text in everything after as well, unless you specify text-align:left;

The normal way, which you'll find 90% of people use, is to have a container div (a div around everything inside the body) with margin-left:auto; margin-right:auto; and it will center it. You need to set a width for this to work though.

That makes sence, ill give it a go on the big update (Y)

that's cheating

:P

or did they finally managed to break image preloading completely ?

bloody sneaky that - same principle they use for sprites in computer games only a hundred times slower cos its not C

Image pre-loading requires javascript, which for some reason is becoming rather common to have switched off. People believes its some super high security risk for some unbeknown reason.

Its much nicer to use CSS if you can anyway.