Magura Hs33

3rider3

rite i hav recently bought a new zona zip with rear hs33 it was asmsing to start with but wnt ridong about 3 days later brake was sliping easily so i rebled it put tar on rims sorted out tpa and it has a ground rim and its still rubbish

can anybody help me out on what to do?? or whats wrong :ermm:

wel i had koxx reds in but there wasnt much pad left so we tried normal magura pads and they are basicly brand new and the pad rubs the rim because it so close shal i put the old ones back one and move the pad very close again?

im taking the magura to lbs tomo to see what they think but its quite strange? :S

ye but it was stil the same problem with the koxx reds on and theres like a mm of pad left it feels like i cant get no power out of the lever neway im getting plazmatic crm yellows on friday so might solve the proble??

• Dismantle the brake
  • Blast all the hoses out with an airline
  • Throw it all in a bath full of water
  • Shake all the parts to fill them with water and get any air out
  • Rebuild the brake
  • Leave the bleed bolt off the piston and lever, pump the lever like made, occasionally holding your finger over a bleed point/hole/thread or whatever you want to call it.
  • Put the bolts back in.
  • Done.

Note To Retards:Always keep the WHOLE system UNDERWATER otherwise you'll just fill it with air again.

Your problem sounds like its a trapped air bubble around the lever area (if the pistons are coming out at the same time). Resulting in a shitty brake :)

This could be a few things. I have had this on both of my maguras.

1) Your pistons could be dirty which stops full movement, what i did to clean them is, take the brake off wash the pistons with water and a cloth and then what i did was apply a thin layer of vaseline to the pistons and now they work fine.

2) Also this could be you have not set them up correctly. I had that on saturday and couldn't figure out why one side was stiff and not moving, then i thought what if they aren't set up right and i know a trick if you put a 2p coin between the rim and pads that is the perfect spacing, after i had done that it worked again :) .

3) Or it may be that it the brake needs bleeding as it has pockets of air in the lever or hoses. You can buy magura bleeding kits they cost around £20 but they are very simple to use they come with all the tools and oil. Or you could do what anzo said bleed it in the bath but make sure you don't use water in the winter as it may freeze!

Although the other thing if non of this works it probally means the brake is broken you can do every thing to it, but if it's broken non of this will work and you might have to buy a new brake!

Hope i've helped! (Y)

Edited by BIG L

And for those who didn't understand.......

Right, I have recently bought a new zona zip with rear hs33. It was amazing to start with but when i was riding about 3 days later, the brake was sliping easily. So I rebled it and put tar on the already ground rims and sorted out the tpa but it's still rubbish.

Can anyone shed some light on this problem and help me to fix it????

a slightly clearer version!!!!

it's possible that your pistons are bottoming out before the pad makes contact with the rim. Just reblead it and make sure there's no air in the system and you have the tpa right off when you bleed your brake.

Edited by Gavyn L

First things first...use the spell check (Y) It took me about a minute to read your post when it should have taken around 20 seconds. If you want a chance of being validated then correct spelling is essential.

In answer to your question your best bet is to bleed your brake in a bath as anzo said, and then do the 2p trick. Also are you tightening the bolts up enough, when i first got maguras i didn't tighten them enough allowing the pistons to slowly ease away from the rim everytime i braked heavily.

Dan