Problem Uploading Videos To My Pc

Matthew_Gibson

I have a Sony Mini DV camcorder (model no. DCR-TRV14E PAL) I have tryed several times to put the stuff I've filmed onto my computer. I have installed all the drivers, there all on a disc that comes with it, and..... nothing. I tryed on my dad's computer also, same problem.

I thourght it would come up as a removable disk drive, because it has a USB wire that connects that to the pc, but nothing.

Can anyone please help me?

Thanks for looking guys.

Matt

For a basic answer use Windows movie maker.

Just click capture from device, and on your camera press play (after going through the options in movie maker, you'll know when it's time) when the footage you want is playing on the camera click start capture (in movie maker) then stop when you're done

Simple, good luck

I have a Sony Handycam DCR-HC30, and I ran into a very similar problem. It seemed there was no way to get video off the camera! Windows Movie Maker did work, but in order to capture in Adobe Premiere, I had to buy a firewire cable and connect using that. Turns out the USB was only meant for getting still pictures off of it. Don't know if yours is the same, but that may be something to try (Y) .

Turns out the USB was only meant for getting still pictures off of it. Don't know if yours is the same, but that may be something to try (Y) .

Thats what my dad said. So I need to do what "ReverendJQ" say with movie maker? Would it be as easy to buy a fire wire cable? Or is that just if I had Adobe Premiere