The Kooks

Mr Dave

Hi

Bought the Kooks new cd the other day, i wanna put it on my pc, so i can then put it on my phone to listen to at work.

But it only wants to play in this CRAPPY player that comes with the cd

it wont load with windows media player or anything else

Its REALLY pissing me off.

Any help would be much appreciated :)

Thanks Dave :)

Do you have i-tunes, that may work, but i think it imports in a gay format.

So im gussing youve tried putting the CD in, and then opening up Windows media player and then trying to play it that way?

May be something to do with all that copyright poo, but i suppose you could go into My Computer, right click on the CD drive and choose 'open' rather than 'play'. And then browse through all the files untill you find the songs and then copy them to your hard drive?

i dont really wanna download it as i want all the songs in good quality ect, and cba, plus its illegal of couse ;) ;)

yeah ive tried everything, exploring the cd, there are no songs there, windows media player recons theres no cd in the drive.

i cant think of anyhting else, its gota be something to do with the copy right, i was hoping youd give me a program to download that overrided that lol, afterall ive bought there fu*king cd, i should be able to listen to it how i want :@:@

Btw, it works in my car cd player, or by using there crappy player, but all that does is play (N)

Thanks for replays so far :)

Dave

Ripping the music yourself in media player gets the same results as if you would download it... Look around for a bit and you'll probably find a 320kbit rip which is good enough, and settle with the full audio quality at your home or in your car.

wel its not as i have the cd to prove ive bought it. * cough not bothered*

i dont have i tunes, as it tries to aciciate its self with everything thinking its the best.

looks like i might have to get that though.

thanks Dave

It's probably some DRM thing that makes it impossible to rip, and it installs a special player to play the CD. BUT Sony got into a lot of trouble for installing stuff like that without asking, this sounds like the same thing.

Either I'm pretty sure you're morally fine to download the album.