Wheel?

aener

As said, I have very little money, but I need a WIDE 19" rear rim. Only got a thin, 20" at the moment. :$

I've been building up a T-Pro (got frame for £80 which started it) - but my rim isn't wide enough for the maggies to lock on properly. :angry:

Question is - can I get a 48 hole, super wide rim? I've been told i need an Onza Hog, or a TryAll, or a Koxx one, like - 47/48mm wide. But they only come in 32/36 spokes.

I need 48 'cause that's the hub I've got (again, no money for a new hub).

Also, the spokes at the minute cross over 3 others before hitting the rim, so I guess they'd be X3? :S Would they fit in a 19" rim or would i need new spokes aswell?

'Tis kinda urgent 'cause I can't ride with confidence untill the brakes work :unsure:>_<

Unless, is there another way to bring the brakes in further? I've got them all the way in on the clamp things already, and got them bled about a week ago, the red twisley knob on the lever is all the way in (or out - whichever you call it to make it go in further) - but it still only touches the rim when the lever's like, nearly on the grips... :blink:

Any help is much appreciated (sp?)

Cheers, Flipp

And also, do you know where I can GET the spokes from? Preferably the right size :P

I know most stuff about bikes now 'cause most everything's gone wrong with mine, but with wheels i'm a noob.

Give Tartybikes a ring.

They're bound to be able to help you out with spoke lengths, and they probably have them in stock.

They had the spokes for my Profile hub on Kris Holm rim. (Y)

i'm pretty sure you're screwed on the 48 hole 19" rim.

If you could persuade a shop to sell one to you seperately or find one second hand it probably wouldn't cost much to get a t-pro rear wheel. They're a hog with a cheap onza unsealed hub - mines lasted over a year and it's only got one dent in so they aren't shite.

a lot of people glue extra material into their pad backings so they'll reach thinner rims. I've not done it so can't help you out with details. Try the search on here.