Need Some Advice On Some Moves (vid Inside)

omgnoseat

well im going on holiday to spain soon and i want to get as good as possible by then :o

my riding is crap compared to you guys..but im having fun and thats al that counts :)

been riding for 2 and half months and i think im doing pretty ok, trying to ride every day for at least 2 hours :)

just wondering if you guys have any suggestions which could improve my riding since i got the feeling that im not having the right body positioning and stuff on some moves. (dont count in the wheelbarrow balancing, that was just random :P)

ecspecialy the one wheeled sidehops..i hop like crazy to get the right feeling to get into the preload

but anyway here is the vid.

http://media.putfile.com/noobtrial (18.5MB, 1:42)

wait for it load properly or else it plays it all in slomo..

thanks in advance :)

Edited by Meteor~

well im going on holiday to spain soon and i want to get as good as possible by then :o

my riding is crap compared to you guys..but im having fun and thats al that counts :)

been riding for 2 and half months and i think im doing pretty ok, trying to ride every day for at least 2 hours :)

just wondering if you guys have any suggestions which could improve my riding since i got the feeling that im not having the right body positioning and stuff on some moves. (dont count in the wheelbarrow balancing, that was just random :P)

ecspecialy the one wheeled sidehops..i hop like crazy to get the right feeling to get into the preload

but anyway here is the vid.

http://media.putfile.com/noobtrial

wait for it load properly or else it plays it all in slomo..

thanks in advance :)

if your having fun and thats all the counts why ask for help to get better <_<

Take your time a bit, you seem as though you rush into doing everything. Just do a bit of it, then pause for a second then do the next bit... it'll make you look more controlled.

I also reckon you could get an extra foot at least on your rolling gaps if you'd only pull the bars into your hips more in mid air, this way you would gain more distance by being able to stretch the bike out further.

Just try bigger things really, it also looks like your brake was slipping a bit in a couple of the clips so maybe try some better pads or a grind.

Take your time a bit, you seem as though you rush into doing everything. Just do a bit of it, then pause for a second then do the next bit... it'll make you look more controlled.

I also reckon you could get an extra foot at least on your rolling gaps if you'd only pull the bars into your hips more in mid air, this way you would gain more distance by being able to stretch the bike out further.

Just try bigger things really, it also looks like your brake was slipping a bit in a couple of the clips so maybe try some better pads or a grind.

thanks alot, ill try that (Y)

and yea my brakes are shit atm, they slip alot, thats why i tried not to pull the bars to much toward me because i was afraid i would land too vertical and would fall cause of my sliping brakes (like the day before :P)

gonna get a new grind tomorrow, that should fix it :)

Edited by Meteor~

Good video. As you are a beginer and are picking stuff up quickly you should film bits over time, say 3 months and then you will end up with a video that shows you improving from start to finish. I wish I had done that.

Oh, and that song rules. no cigar by millencolin if anyone likes it as much as I do.

Good video. As you are a beginer and are picking stuff up quickly you should film bits over time, say 3 months and then you will end up with a video that shows you improving from start to finish. I wish I had done that.

Oh, and that song rules. no cigar by millencolin if anyone likes it as much as I do.

hehe thanks :)

and yea the song rules B)

Ok i took a gander at it its not bad for one learn to sidehop the other way you will love me in the future for telling you that also calm yourself down when you get to back wheel just relax and concentrate on balancin.

ok if i was you i would practice balancing on the back wheel next to an object an get used to just getting to back wheel without going crazy

also your general progress is good just keep trying to better yourself

Ok i took a gander at it its not bad for one learn to sidehop the other way you will love me in the future for telling you that also calm yourself down when you get to back wheel just relax and concentrate on balancin.

ok if i was you i would practice balancing on the back wheel next to an object an get used to just getting to back wheel without going crazy

also your general progress is good just keep trying to better yourself

i can hop quite relaxed on the backwheel, but just not when im about to gap or sidehop onto something, im like ''ok now im gonna jump!'' and at that moment i lose my balance and have to make a correction hop and want to jump again, but lose my balance again, so i end up going crazy with correction hops before i can finaly take off :(

i also tried sidehoping to the left but that makes me go even more crazy :P

but yea ill try improve my balance on the back wheel next to an object.

ill practise to keep balance on my rear wheel with less hops

thanks for the info :)

i can hop quite relaxed on the backwheel, but just not when im about to gap or sidehop onto something, im like ''ok now im gonna jump!'' and at that moment i lose my balance and have to make a correction hop and want to jump again, but lose my balance again, so i end up going crazy with correction hops before i can finaly take off :(

i also tried sidehoping to the left but that makes me go even more crazy :P

but yea ill try improve my balance on the back wheel next to an object.

ill practise to keep balance on my rear wheel with less hops

thanks for the info :)

i know it will be hard to get used to but really try go to your left you may not be able to do it for a while but once you have got it its much easier to go higher. also if you have trouble maybe go from two wheels to one then straight up in one smooth motion

I think after watching your video your to rigid and need to relax more and you bike seems really short for you other than that its all about practice keep at it and you will improve at your own natural level.

grinder or tar :rolleyes:

gonna get a new grind today, if my uncle can lend me his grindthingy that is :o

edit:

go from two wheels to one then straight up in one smooth motion

i just went outside and practised this for just half and hour but i really feel that this suits me alot better :)

i only tried things that are about 20 inch but it feels alot smoother and costs alot less energie to do :)

so thanks for the tip :)

Edited by Meteor~

gonna get a new grind today, if my uncle can lend me his grindthingy that is :o

edit:

i just went outside and practised this for just half and hour but i really feel that this suits me alot better :)

i only tried things that are about 20 inch but it feels alot smoother and costs alot less energie to do :)

so thanks for the tip :)

np how i learnt ;)