Problems With Ankles

krissis

i dont think so but ill retype what ive put just incase

as some of you know i broke my collar bone on bulwell track at the begining of june, its almost healed and am really looking forward to getting back on my bikes but i have been seeing a physio and have found out that my ankle is in a really bad state so the day my collar bone is diagnosed as fixed i have to get my ankle manipulated and put into a cast for 6 weeks, the reason im telling you guys is that i have fell on my ankle a few times and never done anything about it and thought it was fine, this is not correct my cartelidge is griding and tendons torn and grew back in the wrong place thus making it very weak and susseptible to breaking, i cant stress enough if you have anything wrong with your ankles get it sorted now as if you leave it, a simple sprain turns into a break if left untreated, im lucky as my physio spotted it, maybee this was the case for deburg, (hope your doing well mate).

:sick: ive nackerd my ankle coming on five times (N)

Yeah this guy has the weakest ankles i've ever seen, if his ankle has so much as a fly land on it he can't walk for a week. Slight exageration... but not too much ;)

I'm lucky, i never really get hurt when i fall off. B)

I have a weak left ankle. Every time i go out riding on a cold or wet day my ankle really hurts and i can only put pressure on it for a bit till it really hurts but on warm days dry days i can put as much pressure as i want :S . Does anyone know what this is some people have told me it is arthritis but others have said i am to young to get arthritis and i just have a weak ankle. So can anyone help or tell me what it is please?

Cheers BIG L (Y)

Edited by BIG L

I have a weak left ankle. Every time i go out riding on a cold or wet day my ankle really hurts and i can only put pressure on it for a bit till it really hurts but on warm days dry days i can put as much pressure as i want :S . Does anyone know what this is some people have told me it is arthritis but others have said i am to young to get arthritis and i just have a weak ankle. So can anyone help or tell me what it is please?

Cheers BIG L (Y)

that sound like arthritis to me mate, but im no doctor

Hey dude, unlucky mate, i have been out of cast 4 weeks now and mine is healing nicely, i had to have a screw put in mine and they have decided to leave it in because it will make it stronger, but before i broke it, i had sparained the foot 3 times before hand, Just wait till you have your cast off :sick: , jesus your leg looks like a piece of cheese.

All the best mate. (Y)

Dan. :)

I have a bad ankle through riding. Somehow my ankle gets in the chain and it saws chunks out of it. Painfull but not as bad as what ive seen in this topic.

Apart from that I rarely damage myself falling off.

are you sure you dont catch it on the crank as you pedal pretty sure thats whats happening..... :huh:

i do that all the time.... f**ks me of in vair quantitys

I've got the same thing mate. My ankle can bend so far over that i san see the sole of my foot and it doesn't even hurt. Sprained it numerous times and broken it twice so far haha.

That sounds like mine apart from i have never broke it and my physio says he dont know how its managed not to break.

My bike is gathering dust got dam it.

Yeah this guy has the weakest ankles i've ever seen, if his ankle has so much as a fly land on it he can't walk for a week. Slight exageration... but not too much ;)

I'm lucky, i never really get hurt when i fall off. B)

You've jinxed yourself now , I had mine go on a nasty wall and the physio dude off of here simon lord I believe helped me get it sorted in no time. top bloke (Y)