Too Small For Stock?

Mike Beck

yo to all,

What is considered the right height/strength to switch to stock?

wanting to build my tibo frame which is sitting in my garage unused (N):blink: , im getting quite bored with my zoona and love how 26"ers ride, i am around 5 foot 8", not a weakling either; too small for stock????

thoughts and views will be greaty apreciated (Y)

i think unless you get a stock with a perfect geo its all about strength, for instance my mate Dave he isn't the biggest of guys but he can ride a friends pitbull really well. He's about 5ft 6ish but he's not very big built, and he rides it just the same.

Ennit bruv.

i think unless you get a stock with a perfect geo its all about strength

yeah i agree with Barber, It's more about having the strength rather than height, even so i have a few "weedy" friends that ride stock and they do it just fine... so...... ok then its varies from person to person... :S.

If i was you i wouldn't let your height or your strength stop you having a try at it.

-lee

P.s. like it was said before 5ft 8" isn't small, considering average height in the Uk for an average male is around 5ft 7" - 5ft 9"

Hi,

I have a base 26 and find that moving the riser bars back and forth massivley changes how big the bike feels. For moves where you are using the drive train to kick the front wheel up or need to shove your weight over the front wheel, its fine with the bars rotated forward, but for street moves like manuals and bunny hops and wheeling off drops its a gamble unless I rotate the risers way back, so that I can get my short arse over the back axle. So go stock, but make sure you initially get very a short stem and bars with a good amount of rise, this will give you a few inches of reach adjustment just by rotating the bars back and forth until you get the feel you want.

Regards

Duane.

Well you are not to small for stock. No one really is to small for stock it is weather you feel comfortable on a stock bike or not. There is some small people who are better on stock than mod so that proves the point. Also i would try and have a few rides on a few different stock bikes to see if you like the feel of any of them better than a mod if not stick with mod bikes!

Edited by BIG L