Should I Go From Mod To Stock?

bigezza

Want to go big? Get a stock. Want to improve - ride a mod. All of the lessons you learn on a mod can be transfered to a stock when you get one. If I were you I would not change until you felt that there was nothing left to learn and you needed the advantage of bigger wheels.

Ben.

well.. i thought of changing from a mod to stock may of time because you see a lot of big moves pulled of 26 and they look more interesting to ride and look very smooth when ridden in the wright way.

so i asked some of my riding friends and read upon other fourms which have had the same discussion. and you can see a clear line between mod and stock

but more often than not there are more people for 20 that 26 so...

also i have been told that when u go from a 20 - 26 you can not do as half as much you could do on your 20 mod than a 26 stock.. if this is true or not i don't know.

so i have stayed put with my mod and my friend is hopefully getting a 24" zoot so i can not wait to have a go and see how it ride's :D

Thank you Greeny

Well i started out riding a mod, then moved on to stock, and i dont regret it at all.

But honestly yea, try to see if you could borrow a stock for a couple of rides, try it out and decide on which one you would prefer. Transition from mod to stock is generally easier, except for the fact that stocks to weigh a little more.

If you could buy a stock, and keep your mod too it would be alright. At least if you're bored of you could always ride a different bike to keep things fresh. haha. :D