Am I The Only Person Who Gets Stiff Elbows ?

$IL3NT.

When you say blisters, do you mean just before you fingers.

If so, they are called callus'. Don't rest them, it's your body making the skin harder, so resting makes them normal again.

Dunno about the arms though.

bit of wd-40 will do the job :P

Haha :lol:. I often get back aches after i have been riding for a while, i usually put deep heat on it but it seems the best way to get rid of it is to not ride for a while >_< . I would take ashby-trials advice and not ride for a while, also give the cod liver oils a try.

ok i will try and rest my elbows lol but its hard when trails is ur life and u ride ur bike to work everyday aswell :ermm:

anyone get cramp in there thumbs...?? I do lmfao !! it is painful but it it so stupid its funny though lol :P

its good advice but is there an alternative solution ? because i ant stop riding its an addiction :S

asking me to not ride for a while is like shootin myself in the head :o

Haha :lol:. I often get back aches after i have been riding for a while, i usually put deep heat on it but it seems the best way to get rid of it is to not ride for a while >_< . I would take ashby-trials advice and not ride for a while, also give the cod liver oils a try.

yey someone agree's with me for something once lol.

Yeah, i get the pain in my thumbs, but i have only recently got back in to riding so its not effected me yet.

I think my problem was that i used to grip the bars to hard. just try to relax. You fingers often move around pulling on the brake lever and such. Your thumb on the other just stays in a locked position all the time. So yeah the only advice i can give is just to relax your thumbs^^.

yea i guess but i can never be bothered... i play alot of rugby so i have to do stretches every night to straighten my back out.. because of a serious injury, so i guess i will start doing some real stretches now.. also grips!

grips are very important, to get the right set.. if you get hand or finger aches, or sometimes even elbow pains, check your totally compfortable with your grips! depending on the way you hold them and the size of your hands, different grips WILL help out. the amount of different grips i have had on bikes have made me realize.. i now MUST have real thin grips, as it suits me best :P

hope that helps some people out.. try it ;)

Go to a physiotherapist, even if it's only for one session, and ask if you can bring your bike in....I strained my wrist recently, badly enough that I couldn't/can't ride at all. I brought my bike down, and showed him how I stood on the bike, my hand position, etc. and did some basic stuff to show him where it hurt and when. He set me up with some specific excercises to help it heal and hopefully strengthen it to prevent the injury from happening again, which is what I'm most concerned about....

yes i go to an austiopath as well for my back they are amazing with their hands.. you may have authoritis in you elbow slightly.. if so you can get it checked at the doctors and they inject you, with something i'm not sure about and it works a charm! my dad had it done on his shoulder.