Frame Width Acpentance

Wright Pads

Okay here's a newen for you and one that can only be asked to bunch of riders with a brain (asking here is questionable)

How wide of a frame is acpeterbel with you lot.

ie: from the headtube and downwards between your legs what would you say is okay in terms of max width?

Really need to know for something i am working on but my head is banging after last night and i'm unsure to what is deamed okay

*did try and use spell checker again, i beat it and my spelling beat me!*

To be honest

i like big fat things between my legs :P

Your only 14 Alex and i'm ment to be rididng with you at the Ashton thing....you scare me babe!

Small dia tubes you mean? Thin tubes mean light weight but snap easyer. This is soemthign totaly differnt't not done as of yet i'm working on but for width say where you inside legs go and knee i need to get an idea whats okay

Oh Alex and any others that know of my plan keep stum please or i'll have to hunt you down

The thinner the better.

Whatever the 'standard' size is, it's only going to vary a couple of mm either side, which i doubt wil be noticeable.

I've never thought 'ooh, i'd love this bike, but the top tubes too fat.. Better buy another one'

Just don't be retarded and go all Diamond Back T1.

Just don't be retarded and go all Diamond Back T1.

How wide is one of them then?

ie: how many inch's wide between the inner of your knees you think is okay for the tubes to be?

This is going to be a good width mind!!

My headtube i'm using is 39mm OD, that will go up a bit more i think pending what i use as part of mistery term X and then the other mister X parts are 16mm all in so it could be...62mm wide!!!

62mm on my Coust V2 is just past the last of the welding were the top tube join the two seatstays!

So yeah guess i could say is 62mm deamed okay as a width of ''toptube'' or the void between you knees/inner legs when rididng a bike (not off bike or eles where)

Okay here's a newen for you and one that can only be asked to bunch of riders with a brain (asking here is questionable)

How wide of a frame is acpeterbel with you lot.

ie: from the headtube and downwards between your legs what would you say is okay in terms of max width?

Really need to know for something i am working on but my head is banging after last night and i'm unsure to what is deamed okay

*did try and use spell checker again, i beat it and my spelling beat me!*

:lol:

Anywa i think we should leave the digs at Al's mom and my beat/spelling alone

Baic to the topic at hand. Is 69mm too wide for you horrid lot

come on wrighty, spill the beans!

two tubes with a titanium gap between them?

:$

but seriously, i think 69mm is gunna be on the edge of acceptable.

beans

spill

yeh ;p

Nah but it'll have all the goodies that go into make 02 we breath in between it and made some anal gas now and then if i'm sat over that part when not rididing it!!!

No twin tubes of any kind i'm sorry. Wanting to see Onza do more on there snap snap job!! Leeson gave up

What about the 115mm wide BB then >> (sorry if pics are off , kileld the camera again)

IPB Image

IPB Image

Just had the wee small man on msn giving a rant then f**king off (off line showed, reply posted back). Oi wanker, if your going to bitch then have the balls to stick about. Kicking's it is tormrow then ahy!!! Not a problem! Oh and Alex can you not take a joke?

Edited by Wright Pads

Haha i notice in the top left of the last pic you too have the random desk mould growing...

I would love to know what that is, i have to scrape it off my desk every few days with a solo card...

What is the point in a 115mm bb?

LOL thats sweat and shit off the mouse!!! Your hands sweat see and the table gets the covering and the felts pads on the mouse do the rest!! Mind i have hold of the thing for a good 12 hours day least and easy

Didnt that gest asked when that Vario Styx came out, that has a 100mm bb. All i've done is thus

Take a 100mm bb, fitetd a set of burns and form the drive side bearing thread measure all the way tothe taper on the burns, you can have +5mm on any BB shell if you run burns! Then i got a tube, machined it down, lather in two rings, too kthe BB and machine it down to fit inside the shell, checked it all with cranks, hey presto leeson bb style but uber wide

100mm BB shell/yoke offers maximum stiffness and stability. Wide BB shell also provides huge tyre clearance.

Oh and cos i'm me and cos i can!

Edited by Wright Pads

Anyone?? Do you think 69mm wide ''toptube'' is too wide for the likes of you, yes/no?

alot actually depends on how low the top tube will be or if it is curved i mean i used to ride a t-comp and that was really wide and flat but low and bent so was ok whereas others are thin and high but its all personal preference and also if you wanna sit on it when u get tired lol